Droid X Speaker Volume

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by BryanW17, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ewells2420

ewells2420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its really not that bad. People love to complain for no reason. With that said it could stand to be a bit louder. However im pretty sure its a software cap.

2. jetdoc

jetdoc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea its not horrible, and the quality isn't bad, its just in an odd place, in the rear, is that normal...? when I had music on I had to flip it around, or I did find if I propped it up with the speaker rear facing, it did echo back nicely. If a software update could increase it a bit, that would be cool.

3. Ecsa0014

Ecsa0014 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same problem. I find myself having to use the speakerphone with the volume cranked all the way up during calls. It is also somewhat hard to hear the phone ring so I miss quite a few calls. I'm sure my hearing isn't perfect but this phone should be able to go a little louder.

4. tonymoreno23

tonymoreno23 New Member

South Florida, and Central Kansas (seasonal)
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just did the update, and the overall volume has definitely improved!

5. Hypermentality

Hypermentality New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you go to get the update?? I wanna upgrade!!

6. tsmith

tsmith New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go into settings and scroll to the bottom and select About Phone and then select system updates. I did it today and it didnt help a thing with the volume. Mine is barely audible. I sure hope there is fix in the near future for this.

7. Lurpa

Lurpa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the update and my sound did not improve at all. I can barely hear navigation with windows up, air conditioning off and no radio. Yes my nav sound is at max.

8. rboutin2

rboutin2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i too, did the update and did not notice a difference in the sound. Someone needs to make an app to boost the sound output of the x.

9. HwnDroid

HwnDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here, did the update last night and the volume issue is still the same. This is pathetic! DO SOMETHING VZW!

10. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess you guys didn't think that it's possible that the X does not have the same volume capabilities. Much thinner phone than the droid, it's possible they didn't use a speaker as capable as the Droid's.

11. Droidxer10

Droidxer10 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    serious low volume/speaker problem

I agree that there is a serious low volume/speaker problem. Some people cannot hear their Droid X ringing, some people cannot hear their new text message notifications, others cannot hear verbal navigation directions, and on and on.

What's worse is that not enough people have called the Verizon tech support people, reported the problem, and tried all the suggestions of the first line tech support people (such as taking out and putting back in the battery). If more people called in, officially tried the first level tech support generic fixes, and told the tech representative that the low volume/speaker problem persists, then there would be a greater chance that higher level tech support people would take notice and begin working on a real solution (such as a simple system update that codes the phone to send more power to the speakers when the volume is turned way up).

If you care about the low volume/speaker problem and want to help get Verizon to work on/provide a solution, please read my new post on the matter and follow the four simple steps that I describe.

I am just trying to help everyone in this boat of Droid X's that would be great except that we cannot easily and clearly hear much of what comes out of the speakers. Here is that new post of mine on this issue and what you need to do about it to make a solution become available:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...gress-alleged-low-volume-speaker-problem.html

12. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's actually Moto who will make the fix not Verizon.

Search tags for this page
droid bionic earspeaker volume patch
droid x speaker loudness

droid x speaker volume

how do you increase volume on droid speaker phone
how to boost my volume on my droidx
how to increase verizon motorola speaker volumne
how to increase volume on droid x
how to increase volumn moto x
increase volume on droid x
make droid x speaker volume louder