Droid X Custom Boot Logo I'll create

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Do you use gimp? That's what I was using when I had the problem. Haven't tried a GIF in PS.

Sent from my LIBERATED Droid X using DroidForums app

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
Yeah I use GIMP, I haven't tried it yet with PS myself. I like the ease of GIMP. PS is muey powerful, but you have to look for things. Maybe I'll have to try it.

djakrse

Reaction score
I know in Photoshop that when saving as a BMP, it has checkboxes (below your new filename?), one of which is to save alpha channels -- this is what makes the BMP 32-bit instead of the expected size of your regular 24-bit bitmaps.

EDIT: I don't know about gimp, but you might try disabling transparency or alpha channels before saving. If you have an option for optimizing your image for the web or similar, there might be a setting under saving as gif, if that is the selected choice. I'm just reaching here. Also, you might be able re-save your BMPs with a simple image editor like the default windows paint (doesn't support alpha channels) or whatever you got.

REEDIT: Oh, check out ArmyDude's tut here, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/92469-step-step-diy-boot-m-logo-pics.html, just before hex-editing. :)

PS Amazing work MG and the Dr for the previews thread. I have no idea how much work went into that, but I don't doubt your left-click finger is a bit sore!

Last edited:

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
I know in Photoshop that when saving as a BMP, it has checkboxes (below your new filename?), one of which is to save alpha channels -- this is what makes the BMP 32-bit instead of the expected size of your regular 24-bit bitmaps.

EDIT: I don't know about gimp, but you might try disabling transparency or alpha channels before saving. If you have an option for optimizing your image for the web or similar, there might be a setting under saving as gif, if that is the selected choice. I'm just reaching here. Also, you might be able re-save your BMPs with a simple image editor like the default windows paint (doesn't support alpha channels) or whatever you got.

REEDIT: Oh, check out ArmyDude's tut here, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/92469-step-step-diy-boot-m-logo-pics.html, just before hex-editing. :)

PS Amazing work MG and the Dr for the previews thread. I have no idea how much work went into that, but I don't doubt your left-click finger is a bit sore!

Ya we follow armydudes method, but when I use gifs, after I click merge layers or whatever it gives an error and if I try to continue the advanced options dropdown is disabled.

And by the time I finished converting your logos I couldn't see straight lol (I didn't even do all of them, some of them that were more personalized I skipped, along with the many different colored motor logos :) )

Sent from my LIBERATED Droid X using DroidForums app

djakrse

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I should have known you've seen that. Maybe look for a way to disable transparency in the image is the way to go... make sure there is a solid color in the bottom layer so that no pixel is partially transparent before flattening?

You guys have done a ton of work. I never expected you to convert the D1 logos. I was planning on putting all the previews together and just converting based on request or personal desire. ;)

Above and beyond guys, hats off to yaz

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
I'll check it out tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the tip :) now if only some more people would bring in some requests lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

E Mad

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a good picture, and I cant paste what I want into here... But I want a terminal-style logo that says "android" in green on a black background to match the attached animation. I found a good site site for ascii text though... ASCII Generator I like the larry 3d font or isometric 1- either one will work. Thanks in advance!

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a good picture, and I cant paste what I want into here... But I want a terminal-style logo that says "android" in green on a black background to match the attached animation. I found a good site site for ascii text though... ASCII Generator I like the larry 3d font or isometric 1- either one will work. Thanks in advance!

Here you go... Hope they look alright for ya. If not, let me know, I can adjust the colors or whatever.

View attachment 29508

View attachment 29509

View attachment 29506

View attachment 29507

Last edited:

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Thanks a ton! The first one looks so great! Oh, let me get the animation... It seems like I didn't post it...

http://cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/SystemStartupPreview.

If you could get the colors to be exactly the same, or think of a better boot image, let me know, but what you made is already pretty damn good :)
:rating10: :rating09: :rating09:

OK the link to the animation wasn't working, but a quick search of androidpolice turned up what I'm pretty sure is the one you were getting at. I got the colors matching and replaced the zips in the post. (I didn't change the previews but the zips have the recolored logos in them)

Edit: OK call me anal, but I went ahead and updated the previews too :dry:

Last edited:

E Mad

Reaction score
You are so good.

This is so sweet now. Time to waste some time ADB pushing this. Thanks again. Sorry that the link failed...

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
This is so sweet now. Time to waste some time ADB pushing this. Thanks again. Sorry that the link failed...

No need to ADB push these, just install from zip in clockwork

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a boot logo like the nexus S or nexus one. I already bought jrummys boot logo changer so all i need is a logo.bin file. I cannot seem to make one myself for some reason it never shows up right when i reboot. any help would be appreciated. http://www.modaco.com/content/uploads/monthly_02_2010/post-649171-1266686151_thumb.png

Fyi to others, this logo is finished and posted on the finished logo thread