Droid X Custom Boot Logo I'll create

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
I just got redirected over from another thread. They were creating custom boot animations, but you are replacing the motorola "M" altogether. I like...

Can you work this one out for me with "Fade to Black" edges? Its my company logo...

Also, does this replace the boot animation too? Or just the "M"?

-Surge

It replaces the boot logo which would be the "M" not the animation...

[Sent Using Smoke Signals]

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
I just got redirected over from another thread. They were creating custom boot animations, but you are replacing the motorola "M" altogether. I like...

Can you work this one out for me with "Fade to Black" edges? Its my company logo...

-Surge

Actually, I saw your post in the other thread, they don't do animations. But I'll get your logo done when I can get back to my computer. Check back this afternoon.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

-Surge

Here you go. And no this doesn't replace the animation, it's just a static logo to replace the [M] before the animation. I can do animations too, and they can be fullscreen, but I prefer to start with a video and convert it. To do one from a logo is pretty time-consuming but can be done.

View attachment 29725

View attachment 29726

View attachment 29727

View attachment 29728

Edit: I just looked at it on my phone and the fade to black is pretty small... I'm gonna redo it

Re-edit: Attached modified logo and another option :)

Last edited:

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
okay ark here you go, try these and let me know, i also inverted the white one for you in case oyu wanted a black background, so now you have both, check the finished logo forum

Reaction score

-Surge

Here you go. And no this doesn't replace the animation, it's just a static logo to replace the [M] before the animation. I can do animations too, and they can be fullscreen, but I prefer to start with a video and convert it. To do one from a logo is pretty time-consuming but can be done.

View attachment 29725

View attachment 29726

View attachment 29727

View attachment 29728

Edit: I just looked at it on my phone and the fade to black is pretty small... I'm gonna redo it

Man, thanks for the quick response! Kind of neat to rep my company on everything I own. dancedroid What would you need from me in order to get a fullscreen boot animation? Also, would it be any different for you seeing that I am on Gummy Jar 2.5?

I would love to get into the coding and modifying... Let me know if you or anyone else would take the time to lay out the basics for me. I'm pretty tech literate and did a bit of coding some years ago and I think I may be able to catch on fairly quickly...

BTW, I've had a DROID for some time now, just never bothered to actually join the community until recently. But trust me, all of my questions have been answered time and time again from this forum! hahahaha

Last edited:

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

-Surge

View attachment 29725

View attachment 29726

View attachment 29727

View attachment 29728

Man, thanks for the quick response! Kind of neat to rep my company on everything I own. dancedroid What would you need from me in order to get a fullscreen boot animation? Also, would it be any different for you seeing that I am on Gummy Jar 2.5?

I would love to get into the coding and modifying... Let me know if you or anyone else would take the time to lay out the basics for me. I'm pretty tech literate and did a bit of coding some years ago and I think I may be able to catch on fairly quickly...

BTW, I've had a DROID for some time now, just never bothered to actually join the community until recently. But trust me, all of my questions have been answered time and time again from this forum! hahahaha

There's actually no coding involved here, really. Team Black Hat did that for us with the zip file. All we do is some hex editing of the image and put it in the zip. There's a tutorial on here by Armydude that breaks it all down.

All I need to do an animation is some idea of what you want it to do and a lot of patience :) . I'm not really an animator but I know enough of Photoshop to get by lol. (Not to mention I have kids and am in school :) ) Basically, the animation has 2 parts, the first part gets played once, and the second loops until the boot process is finished. I usually shoot for around 10 seconds for the first part to ensure that it actually makes it to the second part as different phones and setups have varying boot times. And it makes no difference what rom you have.

Edit: most roms also support sound during the animation, but that can be tricky sometimes. Just a note :)

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
downloaded and flashed, they says "firefighterlogo.zip (bad) on all 3, but thanks anyways :)

I just did another test... downloaded one of them directly from my post and it flashed just fine... see if you can get mg's to work for you but I'm thinking its something on your end...

aimless

Reaction score
How about the bears logo that was requested earlier in this thread. Is that one still available? I tried using the link that was provided but keep getting an error message. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks in advance!!

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
How about the bears logo that was requested earlier in this thread. Is that one still available? I tried using the link that was provided but keep getting an error message. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks in advance!!

I'll look for it later and check it out. Are you talking an error as in bad link or when flashing?

aimless

Reaction score

I'll look for it later and check it out. Are you talking an error as in bad link or when flashing?

It seemed like the link was bad. Thanks for your help, dude!

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
I'm not finding it... if you could grab an image you want and link it, that would be much faster.