Droid Turbo Gets New Feature Details Leaked Along with More Pics

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-turbo_ac_0.gif

Today is apparently Motorola Droid Turbo news day. First we had the official Droid Landing page reveal from Verizon. Then we had a performance benchmark leak and October 28th release date rumor. Now we have a more detailed look at specs and a couple more leaked images to boot!

Along with the pics you see above, the latest intel seems to confirm previous rumors of a 3,900 mAh battery for the Droid Turbo, but that's not all. Here's an updated breakdown of specs:
  • 5.2-inch Quad HD (2560x1440) resolution display (565 pixels per inch)
  • 2.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 21-megapixel camera with 4K video recording capabilities and Dual LED flash
  • 3,900mAh battery - rated to 48 hours of use
  • 32GB of internal storage
  • 8 hours of use from a charge of just 15 minutes from the bundled Motorola Turbo Charger
  • 4G LTE/XLTE network
  • Android 4.4 KitKat
On top of these very robust internals, the phone will also include a body which is supposedly furnished in a scratch-resistant "metallized glass fiber." It will have a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display, and basic splash-repellent properties - the leaked marketing materials suggest the device will stand up to "everyday spills and 20 minutes in a downpour." The rear panel is still reinforced with Kevlar like previous versions, although it is topped off with "a smooth finish."

Finally, here's a quote regarding some of the software characteristics of the Droid Turbo,

On the software side, the device appears to be running Android 4.4 KitKat, though no OS version is specifically mentioned in the materials we've seen. In addition to Moto X features like Moto Voice, Moto Actions, Moto Assist and Moto Display, the Turbo sports a handful of new Droid-specific "Zap" features. "Zap Zone" allows Droid Turbo owners to set up their own local sharing group with those around them, and share pictures "with the flick of a finger." Zap to TV uses your Chromecast to set up an instant slideshow of your photos. And "Zap with Voice" lets you share a screenshot to your Zap Zone by saying "OK Droid Turbo, Zap my screen."

It looks like Verizon and Motorola have "gone back to the drawing board" to make the latest Droid a truly impressive successor to the hallowed lineage of the original Droid line. You can check out both leaked pics in the thread below, and hit up our dedicated Droid Turbo section here: Motorola Droid Turbo Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Source: AndroidCentral

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Despite them going capacitive buttons, but I am guessing that may have been at Verizon's request, I like the look of the Turbo. Minus the blur looking icons I dig the device especially the clock widget. Verizon customers are going to have a tough choice on their hands. The moto X2 looks closer to stock android and can be customized with moto maker where the turbo has a larger battery and a better camera (on paper). I can not wait to see the head to head videos.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Turbo looks good, especially in red.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Zap is pretty useless. Had it for almost a year and yet to use it. There are a lot more convenient way to accomplish what Zap tries to do.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Zap is pretty useless. Had it for almost a year and yet to use it. There are a lot more convenient way to accomplish what Zap tries to do.
I agree...I tried the current Zap when it first came out, with my RAZR M and realized I could email or text a pic much quicker. The details for the new Zap on the Turbo make it sound much improved and maybe more useful.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Does this phone have a Microsd slot? It does not look like the back is removable. My brother is interested in this phone...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Does this phone have a Microsd slot? It does not look like the back is removable. My brother is interested in this phone...
All indications point to No SD Card and No removable back. Kind of like last years Droids. Could be something different in the official revealing on the 28th, but it doesn't look like it will have either of those options.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk