New Droid Turbo Press Pic Leaked: 'These are the Droids you are looking for'

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Can't help but notice that the device looks different than the leak pics from moto hk.. Not so round in the middle and with the addition of the added edge or trim panel on the back..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can't help but notice that the device looks different than the leak pics from moto hk.. Not so round in the middle and with the addition of the added edge or trim panel on the back..
Looks less like the moto x and more like the droid x and RAZR.

I think the pics we saw were working concept devices and as they got closer to release they designed it to fit the format that resembled the droid line. Similar to how the leaded pics of the moto nexus looked like a giant moto x but the finish product back plate looked like the nexus line format.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Looks less like the moto x and more like the droid x and RAZR.

I think the pics we saw were working concept devices and as they got closer to release they designed it to fit the format that resembled the droid line. Similar to how the leaded pics of the moto nexus looked like a giant moto x but the finish product back plate looked like the nexus line format.

Since I'm holding one (the MAXX, that is...), I'd have to say it looks VERY similar to my MAXX. The only major differences between my phone and that render are that
the speaker across the top is nearly the entire width of the phone whereas with mine, the speaker is only about 5/8" long in the middle of the top
  1. the front camera is positioned dead center and below the speaker where on mine it's immediately to the right of the speaker
  2. the top corner edges are more beveled towards the back rather than rounded
  3. the bottom rear shows a "flat" area in the middle between the two corners which are steeply beveled where on mine the entire bottom is the same depth
  4. Droid was moved to the bottom below Verizon, and the M logo was moved up closer to the camera
  5. the camera is obviously now standing alone with the dual flashes on either side where on mine it's in a large Aluminum black rectangle that encompasses the camera in the middle, flash on the left and speaker on the right in that rectangle
  6. with the flat area at the bottom on the rear, the rest of the back going towards the top takes on the signature Moto X rounded back shape
Motorola-DROID-MAXX-2.jpg

MAXX.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No, I think what he meant was that the Nexus was way too big, but the announcement of the Verizon Droid Turbo kept him from being mad about the Nexus.

And that's why more than one set of eyes is a good thing. I read it the wrong way too. You're right. He's happy that the Turbo (AKA Droid Turbo), was announced since he's not happy with the size of the Nexus 6. Since they're both the same phone for all intents and purpose (other than screen and body size, unlockable boot loader, rootable and plain vanilla Android and all the benefits that come with it), you can almost make an arbitrary decision between the two and with the major determining factor being the (screen) size.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
No, I think what he meant was that the Nexus was way too big, but the announcement of the Verizon Droid Turbo kept him from being mad about the Nexus.
Now that you mentioned it, I read it again from your point of view and you are right.

TatDroid

Reaction score
My first choice was Moto X second gen - but battery too small. Second choice was Nexus 6 - but screen too big. I think the Turbo will be "just right".