New Droid Turbo Benchmark Shows Up Flaunting Beefy Specs Again

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-gfx-bench.png

Even though we've basically already reported some of these same beefy specs for the Motorola Droid Turbo previously, it's worth sharing again because this time it comes from a GFXBenchmark. Additionally, this new intel suggests a different size screen than what our previous rumors indicated.

Here's a breakdown of specs revealed from this benchmark:
  • 5.2-inchQHD 2560x1440 resolution display
  • 2.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 (Adreno 420 - which is perhaps odd that it isn't the 430)
  • RAM 3GB
  • Storage 32 GB
  • 20 megapixel rear camera - capable of shooting UHD video in resolutions of 3840x2160
As you can see, some of these specs line up with our previous report, but the display definitely does not. It's also perhaps notable that these specs would put the Droid Turbo pretty far ahead of the new Moto X in terms of hardware.

Sound off and let us know which specs you would prefer the Droid Turbo to include... these or the ones from our previous report here.

For more discussions on the Droid Turbo visit the Droid Turbo Forum

Source: GFXBench

Last edited by a moderator:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Those specs sound great, but give me a MAXX battery or I won't bite. I'm sure that display is going to suck juice like a hungry baby with a bottle.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sounds similar in size to the 2014 Moto X. I don't see Moto putting a small battery in this after the success of the Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD and Droid Maxx. I think (and could be wrong...I am all the time) this thing will have a killer battery. Sounds like another awesome "Droid" phone. It will be on my "wish-list."

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I wouldn't count the battery life out yet. I'm not sure how well the SD805 SoC/GPU configuration handles power, but the Note 4 (Exynos) version has a QHD screen, pretty much the same battery size as the Note 3, and it has 14% longer battery life vs the Note 3. 40% more than the HTC M8 for comparison.

hotice

Reaction score
2.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 (Adreno 420 - which is perhaps odd that it isn't the 430)
The Adreno 430 is in the Snapdragon 810 and is probably designed specifically to work with a 64 bit processor. The Snapdragon 805 uses a quad channel memory bus and the 810 is only dual channel so they have the same theoretical memory bus bandwidth since the 810 is 64 bit and the 805 is 32 bit.

I'm glad this phone has the Snapdragon 805 because it's 32 bit. There will be compatibility problems with some apps when we move to 64 bit CPUs and I have no desire to fight with that for the very limited benefit. Also, there are no apps, or practically no apps, that are designed to take advantage of a 64bit CPU. The only think I really like about the Snapdragon 810 is the fact that it has a 20nm die size. That would be awesome but I'm not going to sweat it over an 8nm difference.

realged13

Reaction score
I am really leaning towards this phone. If it has the Maxx battery, I think it is a done deal for me. Looks aren't a huge concern to me. I just want it to be held well and last.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The Adreno 430 is in the Snapdragon 810 and is probably designed specifically to work with a 64 bit processor. The Snapdragon 805 uses a quad channel memory bus and the 810 is only dual channel so they have the same theoretical memory bus bandwidth since the 810 is 64 bit and the 805 is 32 bit.

I'm glad this phone has the Snapdragon 805 because it's 32 bit. There will be compatibility problems with some apps when we move to 64 bit CPUs and I have no desire to fight with that for the very limited benefit. Also, there are no apps, or practically no apps, that are designed to take advantage of a 64bit CPU. The only think I really like about the Snapdragon 810 is the fact that it has a 20nm die size. That would be awesome but I'm not going to sweat it over an 8nm difference.

I've read that the 810 is supposed to fine tune power usage and should be a huge step up from the 805.

I'm not sold on the 64bit architecture as in that it will redefine mobile usage. Reports on the web are that Google's move to ART (ditching Dalvik) will smooth the transition from 32bit apps to 64bit apps. They are saying that it will be backwards compatible whether your device supports 64bit apps or not.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have an LG G3 and with a 3000mAh battery it can go all day.
The turbo isn't interesting to me because there is no support for microSD.

hotice

Reaction score
By virtue of the smaller die size the 810 will generate less heat and should use less power than the 805. True, ART will smooth the transition from 32bit to 64bit and the move from ARM to x86 CPUs. Do some searching on ART though. There are reasons why nobody is using it now even though it can be enabled in Android 4.4.

I'll take the 805 and no compatibility headaches!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have an LG G3 and with a 3000mAh battery it can go all day.
The turbo isn't interesting to me because there is no support for microSD.
At least not that we know of...not even sure the name will be Turbo until it's officially released. Its all speculation until the official release.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I've read that the 810 is supposed to fine tune power usage and should be a huge step up from the 805.

I'm not sold on the 64bit architecture as in that it will redefine mobile usage. Reports on the web are that Google's move to ART (ditching Dalvik) will smooth the transition from 32bit apps to 64bit apps. They are saying that it will be backwards compatible whether your device supports 64bit apps or not.

Native binaries won't be compatible I don't imagine, unless it has 32bit libs.