[Rumor] Droid Turbo to Include 2K Display and other High-End Specs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid-Turbo-screenshots1.jpg

It looks like we have another Motorola rumor this morning. This one comes from other publications though. The first version of this story came out on August 16th, but there's a new post backing up this story today. According to a supposed leak, the Verizon-bound Droid Turbo from Motorola will include a number of high-end specs which will put it at the top of the game. Here's a breakdown,
  • Snapdragon 805 clocked at 2.65GHz
  • 3GB RAM, 32GB of storage
  • 1440 x 2560 resolution with a 360 x 640 DPI (which, according to math, makes it a 4.59″ display)
  • Android 4.4.4
  • 20MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
A couple of other interesting tidbits can be gleaned from the screenshot above. It clearly shows model number XT1254. In the past, the XT model number has been Verizon's Droid RAZR line. This suggests the Droid Turbo will be one of the new RAZR series (although they could end up ditching the RAZR name this go around).

Regardless of what name it ends up having, the specs are very impressive, especially that 2.65GHz Snapdragon 805 and 20MP camera. September is shaping up to be a huge month for announcements of smartphones. While this device might not show up then, it is likely we will see it announced before the end of this year. Could this be the new flagship Droid?

Source: Phandroid and AndroidAuthority

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
IMO those specs are ridiculous for a 5" device. I'm all for the latest and greatest but unless Moto plans on skinning android again I don't see a need for it. It'll just drive up the cost. Maybe I'm missing something though. I know it's to get attention, but the Moto X is a fantastic device with the specs it had. But I'm excited to see the camera upgrade.

on the move..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
No way bro ..specs bumped are needed ...of course keep good functionality and all too ...805 should help run it nicely ...always look to improve ...

M8 tap'd

Reactions: cr6

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree, but the Moto X runs nicely with what some call ancient specs.

on the move..

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I'm going to have a hard time choosing what I'm going to switch to if leaks like this keep coming up. I'd totally rock this phone.

on the move..

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Man, this looks like a BEAST of a device!! Really excited to see what'll be coming out of the Moto camp within the next few months! Going to have a hard time waiting them all out before deciding which one to get LOL

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only interesting if it has microSD support. Then it's a beast.
I'm guessing no microSD so I'm not interested.
I can live witha non-removable battery but can't live with non-expandable storage.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Man, this looks like a BEAST of a device!! Really excited to see what'll be coming out of the Moto camp within the next few months! Going to have a hard time waiting them all out before deciding which one to get LOL
I really think that most of them will be dropping in the next 30 days(or within 30 days of their reveal) if not sooner.. I think that just 2 of them will be further out than 30 days.. I could be wrong.. But moto usually drops 4 or more at this event..

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Supposedly 640 DPI, which I guess means @4.6" display.

if all this is true, this is my next phone (assuming it has an SD slot!!!!!!!!)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Nice to see Moto stepping up their game here and if this rumor holds true, this will be one beast of a phone. I like it!
SamsuWHO?

tap'n on my S5

D

Divergent

Damn this will be a beastly phone with his powerfull CPU & RAM !
And while gaming with this hardware is it also possible to make beautiful pictures ( 20MP ) .

Sent from my SM-T320, Note 1 or S2 using Tapatalk 4