#Droid Bionic or HTC Thunderbolt?

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what I take from that the bolt feels better has better battery life and isn't locked down as much am I missing anything

Thats what I am getting from that... honestly I was thinking about waiting for the Bionic, but after TB goes live and I get hands on I will probably collapse and get it..

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

COSam

Reaction score
UNC yes according to Nvidia the processor clocks itself up and down accordingly.

Sent from my Droid

Thank you CK. I thought I remembered reading that somewhere.

HTC needs this bad, their phones are beyond TERRIBLE when it comes to battery life.

I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket. The only thing keeping me away from the TB will be the battery life. I use my D1 a lot throughout the day and can usually make it a day without charging it. Sounds like the TB will struggle with battery life just like the other HTC phones. I will wait and see what people say after it is released...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
UNC yes according to Nvidia the processor clocks itself up and down accordingly.

Sent from my Droid

Thank you CK. I thought I remembered reading that somewhere.

HTC needs this bad, their phones are beyond TERRIBLE when it comes to battery life.

I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket. The only thing keeping me away from the TB will be the battery life. I use my D1 a lot throughout the day and can usually make it a day without charging it. Sounds like the TB will struggle with battery life just like the other HTC phones. I will wait and see what people say after it is released...

The past battery issues with the Incredible and EVO are supposed to have been fixed by the new second generation snapdragon processor in the ThunderBolt. So while battery life won't be great necessarily because of the large screen size (and because of relative small 1400 stock battery), it will be improved over other HTC phones. If you are really worried about it, get the extended battery (its 2750).

Reaction score

Guitarchris123 the things said about the Bionic and the Atrix are Rumors. There has been no proof of it being true... So until there is proof I am taking it as that a rumor...

Of course, I know they are just rumors. It say so right in the title of one of the articles, and the other ends with a question mark. I didn't say the rumors were facts. But it certainly could be true, and would make their larger stock battery not so much of an advantage over the TB anymore (actually, maybe that's why they are so big stock in the first place, to compensate for any power management issues they MIGHT be having).

rage151

Reaction score

UNC

Reaction score
Been looking for tbolt news and found some interesting stuff posted in another forum.

Next is about the tbolt release date. Tbolt2011 said he heard from all the Verizon employees at his store that it would be released on Feb. 11th. There is a thread over at Android Central that's got a lot of info pointing to that being true or close to it. To sum it up, there are three dates that are prevalent, Feb. 10th, 11th, or 14th. The supposed reason for coming out at the same time as the iphone is that they want to see how the two stack up to each other. Here's the link to the thread if you're interested.

[Unconfirmed] Thunderbolt in early February - Android Forums

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is NO WAY Verizon would launch their first LTE device against the iPhone. Why spend all that money getting the iPhone and then put it up against the first LTE phone. iPhone would destroy TB in sales, and the TB would be bogo in a month. Verizon doesn't want that! I mean seriously, VZW is already running ads for iPhone, they've got the price set and its on their website... they have done none of that for the TB.

I am pretty damn certain that the TB will release either the last week of Feb. or the first week of March..... "something" tells me it'll be Feb. 24th.

Reaction score
Been looking for tbolt news and found some interesting stuff posted in another forum.

Next is about the tbolt release date. Tbolt2011 said he heard from all the Verizon employees at his store that it would be released on Feb. 11th. There is a thread over at Android Central that's got a lot of info pointing to that being true or close to it. To sum it up, there are three dates that are prevalent, Feb. 10th, 11th, or 14th. The supposed reason for coming out at the same time as the iphone is that they want to see how the two stack up to each other. Here's the link to the thread if you're interested.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is NO WAY Verizon would launch their first LTE device against the iPhone. Why spend all that money getting the iPhone and then put it up against the first LTE phone. iPhone would destroy TB in sales, and the TB would be bogo in a month. Verizon doesn't want that! I mean seriously, VZW is already running ads for iPhone, they've got the price set and its on their website... they have done none of that for the TB.

I am pretty damn certain that the TB will release either the last week of Feb. or the first week of March..... "something" tells me it'll be Feb. 24th.

Hey, I'm with you, I'm leaning towards Feb 24th myself, but I've also heard a lot of talk lately about Feb 14th being the date. Maybe that's just pre-order, not sure. You would think that if they were releasing that close together, we probably would have heard something more concrete by now on the TB date.

joyu

Reaction score
Well, if anything the publicity should wake up the big wigs and maybe we will get a decent phone. A lot of companies don't listen to their engineers... (don't know about moto)

Reaction score

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You looking at 2 different groups of people. The Iphone is a 3g device. Verizon wants it to be a 3g device so all those new customers don't clog their 4g network. The people that want iphones just want it because it is an iphone. People like me want a 4g droid not cause everyone else has or wants one, but because I want do do something, "streaming video" with it that 3g can't do as well. Once Verizon has the iphone customers they will start getting into toasters microwaves and anything else you can put a 4g chip in to monitor on your new 4g device.

StinkyPete

Reaction score
I think the battery life and internal storage issues are sort of moot since you can always upgrade (albeit at extra cost).

FM radio - not sure that's a huge issue with Pandora and the like.
RAM - amount vs speed, this is likely more of an issue with new Apps coming down the line. So with a two-year contract, maybe in year two.
HDMI out - sort of a convenience thing if you ask me. Could always take the micro SD out and plug directly into your PC or TV (if you have a reader).

I think one thing that might be interesting is release date. If the HTC comes out in February (strong rumor) and the Moto comes out in May (weaker rumor) - there may be some data plan price differences. You MAY be able to lock in some lower monthly prices on unlim data with the earlier phone. I am NOT saying this is true - just speculation on my part, but the longer you wait, the more chance there is for a price increase.

I would love one of these to have a slide out QWERTY keyboard. I will have to get used to the screen-based one (have an ENV Touch now).