Bionic or Thunderbolt

sierrapuppers

Reaction score
So my husband and I upgraded our phones. I got Bionic and he got Thunderbolt. And I think I actually like his phone better. Am I totally crazy here?!?!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Agreed. Mostly because of battery life. Some complain that the Bionic doesn't quite match their needs, but EVERYONE complains about the Thunderbolt's. Also the extended battery looks MUCH better and is on sale for $25 right now. Get it while it lasts.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
So my husband and I upgraded our phones. I got Bionic and he got Thunderbolt. And I think I actually like his phone better. Am I totally crazy here?!?!

Not crazy at all. The TB is a great phone as well. There is no one perfect phone for everyone...yet. Just wait, it's right around the corner.
Use what feels best to you in form as well as function.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Mostly because of battery life. Some complain that the Bionic doesn't quite match their needs, but EVERYONE complains about the Thunderbolt's. Also the extended battery looks MUCH better and is on sale for $25 right now. Get it while it lasts.

I beg to differ. Not EVERYONE complains about the TB battery life. I have the TB as well (used it for almost 6 months) and the battery life is just fine. I get well over 24 hours out of it. The Bionic is slightly better if anything. I only got the Bionic because I could, I didn't really need it, in fact I may give it to my son and keep the bolt for myself. I like the screen better and the interface seems better to me. I have had D1, and a D2, so I'm well used to Moto phones.

The extended battery on the Bionic looks WAY better than the humpback extended battery for the bolt. I would never use that thing, but the Bionic looks and feels fine with it. I don't use it though.

Last edited:

GBH2

Reaction score

Yes, at the moment software is not fully optimized to take advantage of the dual cores of the Bionic so the TBolt does not seem bad compared to the Bionic yet. The Bionic will have a far longer useful life span than the TBolt. I would say within a year the TBolt will be fairly useless or at least an unenjoyable user experience while the Bionic should be usable for 2 years.

cbrmike

Reaction score
Yes, at the moment software is not fully optimized to take advantage of the dual cores of the Bionic so the TBolt does not seem bad compared to the Bionic yet. The Bionic will have a far longer useful life span than the TBolt. I would say within a year the TBolt will be fairly useless or at least an unenjoyable user experience while the Bionic should be usable for 2 years.

Well said
The main reason I swapped from the Tbolt to the Bionic with my 14 day return.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I beg to differ. Not EVERYONE complains about the TB battery life. I have the TB as well (used it for almost 6 months) and the battery life is just fine. I get well over 24 hours out of it. The Bionic is slightly better if anything. I only got the Bionic because I could, I didn't really need it, in fact I may give it to my son and keep the bolt for myself. I like the screen better and the interface seems better to me. I have had D1, and a D2, so I'm well used to Moto phones.

The extended battery on the Bionic looks WAY better than the humpback extended battery for the bolt. I would never use that thing, but the Bionic looks and feels fine with it. I don't use it though.

Fair enough. The two people I know with one complain of the same thing (though they're pretty heavy users, but with other phones too). I almost got one instead of the x2. 4g just isn't that important to me though.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. The two people I know with one complain of the same thing (though they're pretty heavy users, but with other phones too). I almost got one instead of the x2. 4g just isn't that important to me though.

Very true. It depends on your usage. The TB battery problems were worse before the last update, but are much improved now. My usage is fairly light. Heavy users are griping about the Bionic battery life too. I don't know what some people expect from a little itty bitty battery that is powering a computer. My laptop that has a much bigger battery won't last more than 4 hours of constant use. We all just have to have realistic expectations of our phones until battery technology catches up with phone technology.

BigZig

Reaction score

I agree 100% with this statement. The Bionic's tech is far ahead of the TBolt's

Element Box

Reaction score
I had hell with my thunderbolt. It reminded me of my rival.. bleck! :icon_eek: i just got my bionic the other day with the extended battery, oh my goodnessss! fast. and this blur-less software is awesome. I have to say that the bionic beats my old thunderbolt, dual core goodness :happy: