Bionic or Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by sierrapuppers, Sep 16, 2011.

1. sierrapuppers

sierrapuppers New Member

So my husband and I upgraded our phones. I got Bionic and he got Thunderbolt. And I think I actually like his phone better. Am I totally crazy here?!?!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

2. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

Between those two, Bionic is the way to go.
  3. bb_or_droid

bb_or_droid New Member

Yes.

4. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

Agreed. Mostly because of battery life. Some complain that the Bionic doesn't quite match their needs, but EVERYONE complains about the Thunderbolt's. Also the extended battery looks MUCH better and is on sale for $25 right now. Get it while it lasts.
  5. jkaod

jkaod Active Member

6. jkaod

jkaod Active Member

I beg to differ. Not EVERYONE complains about the TB battery life. I have the TB as well (used it for almost 6 months) and the battery life is just fine. I get well over 24 hours out of it. The Bionic is slightly better if anything. I only got the Bionic because I could, I didn't really need it, in fact I may give it to my son and keep the bolt for myself. I like the screen better and the interface seems better to me. I have had D1, and a D2, so I'm well used to Moto phones.

The extended battery on the Bionic looks WAY better than the humpback extended battery for the bolt. I would never use that thing, but the Bionic looks and feels fine with it. I don't use it though.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  7. GBH2

GBH2 New Member

Yes, at the moment software is not fully optimized to take advantage of the dual cores of the Bionic so the TBolt does not seem bad compared to the Bionic yet. The Bionic will have a far longer useful life span than the TBolt. I would say within a year the TBolt will be fairly useless or at least an unenjoyable user experience while the Bionic should be usable for 2 years.
  8. cbrmike

cbrmike New Member

Well said
    The main reason I swapped from the Tbolt to the Bionic with my 14 day return.
  9. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

Fair enough. The two people I know with one complain of the same thing (though they're pretty heavy users, but with other phones too). I almost got one instead of the x2. 4g just isn't that important to me though.
  10. jkaod

jkaod Active Member

Very true. It depends on your usage. The TB battery problems were worse before the last update, but are much improved now. My usage is fairly light. Heavy users are griping about the Bionic battery life too. I don't know what some people expect from a little itty bitty battery that is powering a computer. My laptop that has a much bigger battery won't last more than 4 hours of constant use. We all just have to have realistic expectations of our phones until battery technology catches up with phone technology.
  11. BigZig

BigZig New Member

I agree 100% with this statement. The Bionic's tech is far ahead of the TBolt's
  12. Element Box

Element Box New Member

I had hell with my thunderbolt. It reminded me of my rival.. bleck! :icon_eek: i just got my bionic the other day with the extended battery, oh my goodnessss! fast. and this blur-less software is awesome. I have to say that the bionic beats my old thunderbolt, dual core goodness :happy: