droid 3 software update

allikanbe

Reaction score
I just got a software update. Now my system version is 5.6.890.XT862.Verzon.en.US. Is this THE update or something else?

Fuzzball

Reaction score
Just checked my phone and saw the notification. I'm surprised I am one of the first to get the OTA; before I rooted my D1, I usually was one of the last to get it and would get impatient and manually install it. I've been busy lately, so I haven't read if this update is going to be worth it. I'm hoping it fixes the issues I've been having.

akhi216

Reaction score
the update doesn't change anything it just fixes a few bugs.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Adding the video chat feature in Google Talk, eliminating the "stuck" cursor problem with the hard keyboard, and fixing the camera lag and bluish tint is nothing?

Wow.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Adding the video chat feature in Google Talk, eliminating the "stuck" cursor problem with the hard keyboard, and fixing the camera lag and bluish tint is nothing?

Wow.

Those are BUGS and I said it fixes them.

akhi216

Reaction score
Those are BUGS and I said it fixes them.

And lack of video chat on Google was a "BUG?" Am I missing something?

I'm just messing with you. Carry on.
:)

akhi216

Reaction score
The update did add mobile streaming of games on the NFL Mobile app though (in addition to video chat on Google Talk). It mainly consisted of bug fixes, but what update doesn't consist mainly of bug fixes? It isn't like anyone was really expecting ICS.

Kyouto42

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I don't think my phone will survive until the offical update is actually released... I'll probably snap this piece of crap in half first. Most useless phone ever. The D1 was so much better

jpblock82

Reaction score
Wow... that bad?? I would want a replacement from vzw if I was you. Mine runs like a champ..

LT*

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I don't think my phone will survive until the offical update is actually released... I'll probably snap this piece of crap in half first. Most useless phone ever. The D1 was so much better

I agree with the above posters. If it's that bad, maybe an exchange is your best bet. I have 2, and neither have issues that would make me want to break it.