droid 3 software update

dodgerblue

Reaction score
Installed fine. Nothing is messed up that I can tell so far. Will have to try the camera now. I do not see the new Google talk video chat. I see an icon called Talk. Is that it?

It should have a video icon next to any of your contacts that also have that feature.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

geobronc

Reaction score
Yep it is there. Cool. Camera seems better also. Anyone using another camera app? I uploaded a pic to Facebook and it seems to look matted,,,not right. Hmmmmm....

shane1

Reaction score
How did you install I keep getting errors? Did you unroot ? I tried tdmp unroot but still got error

geobronc

Reaction score
No errors. The picture quality looks very strange matted kind of. Maybe I will try camera 360 and see if that does any better...doubt it...same hardware.

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
No errors. The picture quality looks very strange matted kind of. Maybe I will try camera 360 and see if that does any better...doubt it...same hardware.

Don't use the instant upload feature. Use the share feature, then select the Facebook for Android app. It will look a lot better.

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
i am waitting for the offical ota update. I feel it will do the SAME if NOT more than all the leaked updates because the ota updates are final builds plus you stay on the correct path to what i hope will eventually be an upgrade to the ice cream sandwhich os

lotzakritters

Reaction score
How did you install I keep getting errors? Did you unroot ? I tried tdmp unroot but still got error

I never had a single problem loading it up. I was rooted and had a lot of apps frozen. Not sure how are you trying to load it up?

Sent from my DROID3

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
i realize im going WAY off topic but how long is the cord on the micro usb vehicle charge that verizon sales?? i DONT drive but am considering getting a charger to have when i do go somewhere. will the cord reach to the backseat??

lotzakritters

Reaction score
i am waitting for the offical ota update. I feel it will do the SAME if NOT more than all the leaked updates because the ota updates are final builds plus you stay on the correct path to what i hope will eventually be an upgrade to the ice cream sandwhich os

That's cool, that if that works for you. I am a tech nut and have to try out the newest, whatever it may be. I'm not in any way worried about the (Official) anything. The awesome developers will always be there to hook us up, no matter what. You really think the developers, wouldn't want to get the latest and the greatest out to the masses first. That's what they are all about. Just saying.

Sent from my DROID3

OP
M

matt192004

Reaction score
Well i DID root my droid 2 and removed the bloatware BUT it didnt free up any internal storage are memory but i used a z four root which is a one click root access. i DIDNT install any new roms. i keep up with technology but due to my limited eyesight i dont root because im a little afraid i would mash a button to quick but i would love this phone rooted and the update installed if it would make the phone run faster and correct camera shutter lag tint and any other problems. i dont want to miss an ice cream sandwhich update either but i understand what you mean the developers do work faster than the actual company does to get the real non rooted non leaked update out which is pretty bad but anyway

RobbieMan

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not worried about going off the upgrade "path" I know the devs will release updates in roms or whatever. Don't worry we will get ice cream sandwich one way or another.

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not worried about going off the upgrade "path" I know the devs will release updates in roms or whatever. Don't worry we will get ice cream sandwich one way or another.

As long as we have developers willing to work with the D3/Bionic, there shouldn't be a problem at all.

Sent from my DROID3

akhi216

Reaction score

This.

LT*

Reaction score
For those worried about this being the OTA that will be sent, there have been a few reports of people recently getting new D3's with this exact update already on it. I would say that pretty much means that this leak is the OTA that will be sent out.