Canadian software update?

Endoroid

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a software update is being made for the Canadian version of the Droid 3. I love this phone but the battery life is dismal. 40% cell standby, being a phone kills the phone. Counter intuitive isn't it.

Sent from my rooted XT860 using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
Pretty much all bugs for Verizon D3 exist on XT860 too. Hopefully they will release update for us soon. Lets not forget even D3's update isn't out just yet.. as much as I don't want to say it, we have to be patient.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

OP
E

Endoroid

Reaction score
Sounds like we get away with less bloat though :p

Sent from my rooted xt860

leobg

Reaction score
I guess you say this with irony, but in case not - no - it is not. Droid is a trademark of Verizon Wireless, no phone form other operator anywhere in the world is allowed to "say" this.

symphonia

Reaction score
Of course I was just messin with you. Just be glad I decided to spare you the "how do you tell if it's a Canadian Droid" joke I originally thought about. That is interesting that the Droid sound is owned by Verizon. I always assumed it was a Motorola thing.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I guess you say this with irony, but in case not - no - it is not. Droid is a trademark of Verizon Wireless, no phone form other operator anywhere in the world is allowed to "say" this.

Verizon Wireless licensed "Droid" from Lucasfilm (you know, Star Wars). Lucasfilm owns the trademark. Hey, it's Star Wars, we have to be nerdy and technical about these things.

The Canadian version says "Hooossserrrr..." That's a joke--a bad joke.

OP
E

Endoroid

Reaction score
Actually makes no sound during boot. I just get a pulsing Motorola "M" and then straight to lock screen. And the lame letter/number combo for a device name kinda gets around the french English thing. Come to think of it most phone names are pretty generic in Canada, spelled the same in both languages. Damn quebecers

Sent from my rooted xt860