Telus Milestone 2.1 update

blunted

Reaction score
anyone have any news on the release?? I know there are tons of threads by now about the european models but i cant seem to find anything in regards to the canadian update. Call me greedy, but not being able to root this device properly is making want this update!

brendanmurphy

Reaction score
yes I am still waiting for news

can I use the file of the european ones on the telus milestone

You can but you will no longer have access to 3g.

I say this update will be here by mid april. They do have to change the update alot for us as we have different 3g bands and we have things that are already included in the update ( ie camera app ). Then they need to optimize it.

kheopsb

Reaction score
brendanmurphy said:
You can but you will no longer have access to 3g.

I say this update will be here by mid april. They do have to change the update alot for us as we have different 3g bands and we have things that are already included in the update ( ie camera app ). Then they need to optimize it.

What are you basing your guesstimate of April on? hopefully you're right

jerryjans11

Reaction score
2.1 Upgrade

I am in the USA with a Telus Milestone. When Telus releases the upgrade will I be able to get it?

OP
B

blunted

Reaction score
im on fido and reading that thread made me more hesitant. i really dont wanna lose my 3g.

RacecarBMW

Reaction score
Ok i have a question

If I unlocked (not root) my Telus Milestone to work with Rogers AT&T will I get the update?

Will the update lock my phone?

Also If I did a Hard reset to my phone will it lock again?

What can Lock my phone?

does anyone have any info on how to unlock any tips would be helpful

also if i am on rogers will I be seeing all the apps in the marketplace

OP
B

blunted

Reaction score
you can pay someone $10 to get it unlocked. As far as i know once you unlock your phone its permanently unlocked regardless of updates. The update to your phone should be set up regardless of whether you r on telus or rogers or whatever. If you hit the update button you can see that it will tell u its up to date meaning it has somewhere to search in the first place.

waylman

Reaction score
no Telus will not give you an unlock code. There are several websites out there that you can use. Check out mobileincanada.com.

Bossman74

Reaction score
you can pay someone $10 to get it unlocked. As far as i know once you unlock your phone its permanently unlocked regardless of updates. The update to your phone should be set up regardless of whether you r on telus or rogers or whatever. If you hit the update button you can see that it will tell u its up to date meaning it has somewhere to search in the first place.

I unlocked my Telus Milestone and put it on Bell mobilty, when I check for system updates in the "settings" menu I get this error :

THE DEVICEIS UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE SERVER, TRY AGAIN LATER.

Is this because I'm on Bell, or that there isn't an update available ?

WirelessGuy

Reaction score

I unlocked my Telus Milestone and put it on Bell mobilty, when I check for system updates in the "settings" menu I get this error :

THE DEVICEIS UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE SERVER, TRY AGAIN LATER.

Is this because I'm on Bell, or that there isn't an update available ?
I get the same thing with a Telus Milestone on AT&T, I am guessing the update server for the Telus Milestones isn't online yet since no update is available (I believe all Telus Milestones shipped with 2.01).