droid 3 software update

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Unreal...

The camcorder still sucks. It racks focus even more now then ever.

Does anyone know any course of action I can take to return this phone to verizon? I am past 14 days, this is my second replacement.

The way I look at it Im stuck NEVER using this as a video recorder. Unless there is a 3rd party app I can use to shoot video. anybody know of one?

jonamurphy

Reaction score
My camera is just as slow, but it seems to have fixed a quirk where the zoom slider would disappear and never come back. The volume buttons work as zoom buttons, which the documentation claimed but never worked on my phone either.

Cubanito

Reaction score
I received my update at noon today. It has been crazy busy at work so I have not had much time to see any changes but one thing I have noticed is that the battery seems to have improved a lot.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

acoers

Reaction score
Yeah my phone died today finally after 18 hrs of normal use with the new update. A big thing is cell standy doesn't use as much battery anymore.

spillner

Reaction score
So far the update seems to have solved my camera issues. Pictures have much more color now. The car mode is also snappier which I wasn't expecting. Can't wait to see how the battery life is.

SunTzo

Reaction score
I was wondering what I am doing wrong I go into the system update and I keep getting an error saying I need a Motorola service account and when I hit setup it times out?

I keep getting the same message. You get your issue resolved?

Cubanito

Reaction score
So far the update seems to have solved my camera issues. Pictures have much more color now. The car mode is also snappier which I wasn't expecting. Can't wait to see how the battery life is.

For me the battery has improved tremendously.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Battery stats could get messed up after an OS update. I am due for a run down/full charge cycle (it's been at least a month) so I think I'll do that just to be sure about any changes in battery life.

mypalOtis

Reaction score
So glad to hear there has been an update. I went from a D3 and am testing out an X2 for a week and have till Oct 4th if I wanna switch back. Did the update really solve the camera issues (blue tint, shutter speed, color saturation)? Also- someone mentioned the camcorder is still crappy. I also heard that in-call quality (volume, clarity) has been improved. Really excited to know if these issues have been solved as I must admit I miss using the physical keyboard for web surfing when the touch screen is being sensitive or unresponsive.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I heard the update breaks root? Is this true.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

LT*

Reaction score
I heard the update breaks root? Is this true.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

I've heard it does break root, but can be rerooted the same way it was initially.