droid 3 software update

jonamurphy

Reaction score
A couple of other small things I noticed about the update:

The touchscreen keyboard keys are bigger when you unlock the phone. Makes it much easier to type the password quickly.
The notification bar across the top is slightly different size.

Since the runaway keyboard issue is fixed, it may be time to modify my signature.

jpblock82

Reaction score
So my phone already says 5.6.890.. so I already am updated??? Yes or no??

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mypalOtis

Reaction score
So- I have been hearing mixed things about whether the camera & camcorder issue has been resolved. Can someone further clarify for me if indeed those issues (blue tint/ slow shutter speed/color saturation/lack of color while recording) have truly been resolved. Also- was there an improvment in call quality? Those were my two major issues with the phone.

Glad to hear the battery life has improved.

Also- I had heard this mentioned before but has anyone had a problem with sliding the keyboard out and the paint underneath (around the edge) scraping off?

darkmatter

Reaction score
Has it been determined if the spacebar not registering some presses is hardware or software?

I thought I saw someone say its software, but I'm still having the issue. And every now and then I get extra spaces, but its not the 500 spaces I used to get.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

jpblock82

Reaction score
Since I seem to be updated, but never got the ota notice and downloaded it.. (wtf?? How's that possible??) I can say, the random characters and spaces have stopped. The blue is gone during a flash photo, and I have yet to have a random reboot in over a week. Yes, the paint is scraping (left side edge, near the 1) and they screwed up sleep mode completely with the update it seems. I have to plug the phone in to come out of sleep mode. Anyone else with that issue???

pinback

Reaction score
My battery is probably 5x better than before. Amazing

darkmatter

Reaction score
Yea, i had to pull my battery to get out of sleep mode.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Stormbringer

Reaction score
Also, whenever I click on "System Updates" in "My Phone" part of settings, I get a pop-up, "Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later." Should it say this EVERY time?
I was getting the same thing. I tried power cycling and even removing the battery to no avail. Then on a lark I decided to boot up in safe mode, just to see what it looked like. I followed steps 2-4 of LT's boot instructions: 2. Shut the phone down 3. Hold the X button on your keyboard while powering up the phone 4. Once you're in the bootloader screen (android and !) press and hold the up vol and while holding, press the down vol. Once I did that, I poked around a little in the menu to see what options there were and then chose "restart". I can honestly say that it might just be a coincidence, but right after I did that, the update showed up.

DaddysDroid

Reaction score
...and they screwed up sleep mode completely with the update it seems. I have to plug the phone in to come out of sleep mode. Anyone else with that issue???

Yep...me too...sleep mode is all messed up. Don't use it anymore.

yastern

Reaction score
Amazing battery life

My battery is probably 5x better than before. Amazing

I agree! Yesterday I used gps navigator for 2 hours and streamed Pandora for an hour or so in the car, along with my typically intense web and internet use. I still had 50% battery at the end of the day. They really did something right!