droid 3 software update

akhi216

Reaction score
I had no problem streaming games on the NFL mobile app prior to the update.

I don't recall being able to stream live games from NFL Mobile before the update. I could stream replays and highlights, but I couldn't stream games.

Anyway, adding the streaming of live games on the NFL Mobile app was included in the changelog.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

REMilk

Reaction score
I don't recall being able to stream live games from NFL Mobile before the update. I could stream replays and highlights, but I couldn't stream games.

Anyway, adding the streaming of live games on the NFL Mobile app was included in the changelog.

I recall that the NFL app had problems and the first Thursday night game (09/08) was not able to be viewed via streaming, Heck, the App would just force close and not even start. There was an update to the NFL app either Friday (09/09) or Saturday (09/10). I did NOT get an update notification fro the App Market, I just did a search on the app and when it came up it noted update available.

I received the update around 11:00 pm ET on Monday, 9/26. I streamed the Monday Night Football game on 09/12, - Patriots and Dolphins. I have watched RED ZONE every Sunday afternoon.

I am not sure why I had no problems streaming games prior to the updated Android software.

Bob

donnieworld

Reaction score
I recall that the NFL app had problems and the first Thursday night game (09/08) was not able to be viewed via streaming, Heck, the App would just force close and not even start. There was an update to the NFL app either Friday (09/09) or Saturday (09/10). I did NOT get an update notification fro the App Market, I just did a search on the app and when it came up it noted update available.

I received the update around 11:00 pm ET on Monday, 9/26. I streamed the Monday Night Football game on 09/12, - Patriots and Dolphins. I have watched RED ZONE every Sunday afternoon.

I am not sure why I had no problems streaming games prior to the updated Android software.

Bob

2,000,000 people in Southern California were without electricity on the night of that 1st Thursday game. I'm sure many of them were streaming the game like I was. Perhaps that unique circumstance just generated too much traffic for the site.

Dri94

Reaction score
my phone broke while trying to unroot for the update :/ my new one got shipped monday tho. i hope its here by friday ! i

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I don't think my phone will survive until the offical update is actually released... I'll probably snap this piece of crap in half first. Most useless phone ever. The D1 was so much better

If you can wait I backloaded the leak and it fixed my main issue which was <8hrs of battery with no phone use. Went from phone idle and cell standby near 70% usage down to <14% if I am using the phone actively and 24hrs+ of battery. The phone is great. The software is what they messed up, and as far as I can tell the update about fixes everything.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
If you can wait I backloaded the leak and it fixed my main issue which was <8hrs of battery with no phone use. Went from phone idle and cell standby near 70% usage down to <14% if I am using the phone actively and 24hrs+ of battery. The phone is great. The software is what they messed up, and as far as I can tell the update about fixes everything.

The question is when though? I'm not impatient just curious.

Uncle700

Reaction score
Got the ota this morning and it failed and lost 3g connection. Called Verizon, who had me hard reset the phone, did not work. Verizon then got Motorola on the phone, and they had me manually reset phone, but still no 3g connection. Verizon is sending me a new phone today and should have on Friday.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

geobronc

Reaction score
I installed the leaked patch and want to know if anyone has received or will receive the OTA update. Not sure if the OTA update has anything different than the leaked update that I installed. hmmmm....

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
I installed the leaked patch and want to know if anyone has received or will receive the OTA update. Not sure if the OTA update has anything different than the leaked update that I installed. hmmmm....

Nope. Same thing. Confirmed by a few others

geobronc

Reaction score
OK, good to know. I dont have to hassle with waiting for the OTA at all then! :)

I have noticed that my phone turned off the other night by itself and rebooted. It woke me up. Dont know if this was an update or something weird caused it. I had it charging by my bed and had my Wifi turned on as well.