Droid 2, Samsung Fascinate, or HTC Incredible

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
I've had a Droid 1 since about this time last year and I just received Verizon's annual upgrade email. My three choices this year are the Droid 2 for $149, Samsung Fascinate $199, or HTC Incredible $149.
I was thinking of the Droid 2 because I love my Droid and would like it to be faster and lose the stupid touch pad next to the keyboard but don't know if it's worth paying $149 just for that. I don't know anything about the other phones so I came here for opinions.
What do you guys think? Worth upgrading? And to which?

naman919

Reaction score
I'm holding out 'til the start of 2011 for the LTE phones. tough call if you're going with one of those right now though. I personally like physical keyboards, so i'd go D2.

cpjr

Reaction score
I'd go with the X. Oh wait, thats not a choice.....ok the D2 then or Incredible as a close second. Im not a big Fascinate fan, but thats me.

naman919

Reaction score
do a spec comparison on vzw's site. D2 has a slightly smaller screen, but has a keyboard. Processors run at the same speed but the GPU scores higher in the D2.

Both run different skins of Android too. Sense on the incredible and blur on the D2. Both are hackable, though the incredible more so b/c it's been out much longer.

Go play with both in the store.

Detonation

Reaction score
If you're limited to just those 3, I'd take the Inc. I hate slider phones and don't really need a keyboard, and the TouchWiz skin and forced apps (bing, vzw navigator) turn me away from the Fascinate.

The Inc is a great phone (I have one myself) other than poor stock battery life, but if you can handle a 4.3" screen, I'd add the Droid X to your list of possibilities.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to a VZW store and test drive the phones. One will feel right