Droid upgrade pricing question

BavarianBuilt

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm eligible for a two year upgrade to the Droid and I just have a quick question that you guys may be able to help me with. I'm on a family share plan and my number is not the primary number. When I check the Verizon website, it says I can get the phone for $199, not $149 like I was under the impression I was going to get. I haven't spoke with anyone at Verizon yet but thought I'd get everyone's take first. My Moto Q is biting the dust and I am anxious to get into a new phone, hopefully the Droid.

nunka

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm eligible for a two year upgrade to the Droid and I just have a quick question that you guys may be able to help me with. I'm on a family share plan and my number is not the primary number. When I check the Verizon website, it says I can get the phone for $199, not $149 like I was under the impression I was going to get. I haven't spoke with anyone at Verizon yet but thought I'd get everyone's take first. My Moto Q is biting the dust and I am anxious to get into a new phone, hopefully the Droid.
If you buy it in-store, you'll pay $300 + tax upfront and they'll give you a $100 mail-in rebate. If you buy it online, it's $200. No rebate.

These are both with the 2-year contract + phone upgrade.

rmcomer

Reaction score
On a family share plan, only the primary number is eligilble for the NE2 extra discount. When I got the Droid on my family share plan, I was able to get the discount on my primary line, then after I received the phone and had it activated on that line, I switched the phone to a secondary line.

xmscott

Reaction score
I received a post card in the mail from Verizon offering me an early upgrade with 50 dollars off.

Called. They charged my card $250 and are sending me a $100 rebate. So it cost me in the end $150.

Call. Dont go in.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
Same with me, after the getting the early 2 year contract and $50 off and the $100 rebate I also paid $150. Last I seen it, you can get it for $200 now.

blumpkinblake

Reaction score
I bought mine online and got instant $100 off online discount and another $100 for new every two. It cost me only $100 total.

daddyd302

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, what's the difference between a 2 year and one year? Well besides paying $79 more for the one contract. I was kinda leaning towards just going one year instead of two. I got 2 weeks left for my 30 days, can I still switch? I bought my Droid from Best Buy.

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep. They said i can do a upgrade early for $199 but i guess im a VIP? So she said it would be $149. she was ready to order it for me when i asked is there any way at all i can get that price from your local stores so i dont have to worry about missing the Fedex man? She made a call and said Yes! They are waiting for me at the local store near my house. No rebates to wait for.. Just a straight $149 Plus taxes and what not. Im glad i didnt want to pay out $300 and then wait 6 weeks or a visa card of $100. been there done that.. And dont want to do that again!!