Has anybody got their Droid from Wirefly.com?

DogPaw

Reaction score
I am up for a two year renewal and it looks like the Droid will be $199 from Verizon. I see wirefly.com will allow me to renew my contract and only charges $149 and has free shipping. Has anybody used these guys and if so was it a big hassle to renew your contract? Is it worth the extra $50 to be ale to return to the store down the sreet? Also, how long before Verizon offers a discount or packages with accessories???

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I've always dealt with traditional stores.

IMHO it's worth a few extra bucks.

qsg001

Reaction score
I bought mine from Wirefly on a Friday and received it on a Tuesday. I had no issues, but I was a new customer (moved over from AT&T).

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow so no one has purchased a Droid from WireFly? I see their ads all over the place..

Stigy

Reaction score
I wasn't sure how reliable they were to port a number over so I just went straight to the Verizon store.

Wirefly

Reaction score
I'm sorry we didn't get the opportunity to save you both money and time. As the internet's #1 Verizon Wireless authorized retailer, we handle over a million cell phone orders a year. Number ports are coordinated through Verizon Wireless and every phone is shipped via FedEx to facilitate a quick transition.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
Maybe you can tell me if I already have a Verizon account with a data package why do I have to add one to the checkout? Can't I just extend my current agreement at Wirefly?

Gunghoray

Reaction score
I purchased a Motorola Q from Wirefly a few years ago. Although the transaction was fine, there were two rebates that had to be sent in. They denied one of them and there was absolutely no way to ever talk to a live person about it. It was categorically denied because of improper paperwork submission (both submissions were identical, and one was approved and one was not).

I wrote emails and snail mail letters and got no response whatsoever. Finally, I wrote and sent registered letters to the State Secretary of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau and copied the President of Wirefly.

Had my rebate check before the end of the week.

If I had to just get a phone, I had no problems. If they have to process rebates, RUN.

Prof Ray

chrisbkreme

Reaction score
I ordered mine from wirefly. Biggest pain EVER. The phone came just fine, but activating was a horrible process including some of the worst customer service I have seen. I wound up just calling Verizon even though wirefly says not to. Works great now, lady on the phone for Verizon was very helpful. If you take a look at epinions or something like that wirefly has a 3.5/5 due to the customer service.

ciegasordomuda

Reaction score
Only worth it if you need to save a few extra $$'s... I received my Droid from them last Monday and it was sent to me with a phone number that wasn't even my area code. I called them, monday, and was told they would change it to my area code. 5 calls and 5 days later, it is still not done!

THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!
- The 'customer service' is a factory in Mumbai India where all the agents read off standard answers to your questions, sometimes in a language you cant understand!
- They tell you that if you do anything to your phone or contract and do not let them do it, you void your agreement and are responsible to pay the full cost of the phone!.. really?!?.. changing a number takes 30 seconds and is free if you call Verizon, so why do they need multiple days to fix it? Also, changing a number does NOTHING to alter the contract in any way nor does it change anything about who submitted the order, yet Wirefly says they have to do it so they "can use their dealer code and get credit for the contract"...

Yes you save $50 and do not pay tax in most cases , but be prepared for the worst experience of your life if anything is wrong!

The reviews on Epinions.com says it all!!!

BTW.. anyone else notice that Wirefly jumped on here with one post and did nothing to address problems, questions or anything else? All they did was basically advertise and apologize which is exactly what you will get if anything goes wrong... empty promises and apologies read from on screen in India.

MarkB

Reaction score
I had no problem getting my droid from them. Now I have to return it, we just don't have adequate Verizon reception here. I'll post back about how that goes.

Wirefly

Reaction score
Verizon Wireless requires that you select one of their currently-available rate plans in order for Wirefly to initiate your upgrade order. Verizon Wireless will not activate newer smartphone devices such as the Droid on a non-smartphone rate plan.

As you know, Verizon Wireless pays a commission to Wirefly for processing upgrade orders. We pass that savings on to you in the form of lower prices you won't find in any retail store. In the case of current customer upgrades, Verizon Wireless does not pay a significant-enough commission for rate plans priced below $59.99/month, so we cannot offer the Droid at $149 with a $39/month rate plan, except for new customer accounts. We agree it's not terribly fair, but unfortunately we don't make the rules.

Droid and Droid Eris

On Wirefly, if you click the link to Change Plan, you'll see all of the currently available rate plans. Note that sometimes with Verizon Wireless, your best value may be to take a basic plan, then add the PDA/Smartphone Personal Email/Web feature on the next page (after you add to cart, you can select optional plan features).

I hope this helps!

BigTex71

Reaction score
I just went through Verizon. Even though it was $299, I was able to apply my New Every 2 discount ($100) and got the mail-in $100 rebate. So my net cost was $99 (once I get my rebate.) I have already received an email stating my rebate is being processed, so hopefully that will come soon.

My wife and I ordered some Motorola Razr phones from Wirefly several years ago. It had two rebates with each phone. The first one went through for each phone, but the second was supposed to be sent out after 6 months of service. We still have never received it and that was about 5 years ago. So I learned my lesson and don't plan on using Wirefly again.