Droid 2 Miui install/bug/questions&answers thread.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just use rom manager (free version works fine). Just hit reboot recovery. Cw is already installed. I ran into the same problem when I wanted to flash back to cm. I tried to get to cw like I do with cm (holding power/reboot/recovery). It took me to stock recovery.

CM74D2

Last edited:

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
You mentioned we can't use the Bootstrap app. What do we use to get into Recovery (not the stock Recovery)?

I used ROM Manager Premium (Clockwork Mod's app) to get into Recovery. Seemed to work. Did a test with trying to flash bootanimation.zip off of the root of the SD Card and it frozed so I had to do a battery pull. Not sure what's up with that since for some reason we can't swap out custom boot animations through Theme Manager.

It's in the power menu. Hold power button, select reboot, then select recovery.

Droid 2 MIUI

That is stock recovery, not CW recovery. What we want is a working CW recovery.

Oh crap. I didn't realize. I hadn't used it yet so I assumed it was Clockwork. I also noticed another bug. YouTube videos won't play. This is a great start but not good enough for everyday use. Back to cm7 I go.

Droid 2 MIUI

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assumed too! No worries, just use rom manager like I posted. It's nice to be back on cm!

CM74D2

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Just use rom manager (free version works fine). Just hit reboot recovery. Cw is already installed. I ran into the same problem when I wanted to flash back to cm. I tried to get to cw like I do with cm (holding power/reboot/recovery). It took me to stock recovery.

CM74D2

That's what I've been using after I tested to see if the Power Button>Reboot>Recovery would take us to the CW Recovery or not.

Been working on figuring out what's wrong with the damn bootanimation not changing out. Been working on this issue for the last 6 hours or so now.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
above is link to miui forum d2 section.

pulptastic

Reaction score
I tried MIUI. It would not let me install some of my apps, about 20 of them. Titanium restore failed and they were not to be found in the market. I restored CM7 faster than you can say iclone.

Last edited:

Cole12

Reaction score
I'm getting two mysterious "download unsuccessful" notifications every 10 minutes or so... Is the miui rom causing this? I tried restarting the phone and killing all apps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it a full or partial fix? I saw some not so promising comments on there. Are they all fully functional now?

CM74D2

Cole12

Reaction score
Could you please post the link for the fix? I searched and couldn't find it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
New fix for Camera, Camcorder, and Youtube videos at RootzWiki.

It says miui camera for multiple devices. I assumed our phone would be compatible?
If the link i posted was for the eris, can you post the link for our phone swagger?

CM74D2