Droid 2 Miui install/bug/questions&answers thread.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is Miui really as good as what everybody makes it out to be? I've heard good things about Miui and kind of wanna check it out.

CM7, Livin' the dream...

It's not really that it's better than any other current D2 ROM, it's just different. Very. Different.

Is there a way to change the lockscreen app? I don't use the default messaging app (use GV instead), and would like for it to default to GV.

Install this apk ... then it will ask you once if you want to use native app or gv.

[App] Google Voice Catcher for MIUI (updated 3/12/2011) - xda-developers

That's awesome. Kudos to you. I'll try MIUI again when they fix the camera.

HerroMoto

Reaction score
I've been looking for a fix as well. I'm also on vacation and would love to keep this as my main rom lol....

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Here's my list of stuff I've found to either not work correctly, not work at all, does nothing, and suggestions to add...

List of issues:

- Camera/Video camera
- Editing a theme (like swapping out boot animation while on a theme)
- Homescreen does not tilt to landscape
- Hi-Res enabler doesn't seem to do anything (didn't notice any change)
- Alt-Lock still not working
- Boot animation is cut off slightly at the top and bottom

*to be continued after exploring some more

Suggestions:

- Theme Manager needs to have separate customizations
*Complete themes
*Boot animations
*Lockscreen
*and more...

(This basically needs to be cleaned up since I only see complete themes and have to do separate stuff to change something out of a them like boot animation even though that does not work at the moment)

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is a first rom for d2 so i expect bugs. I have the luxury of having another phone as my primary so I can deal with it. I honestly would not recommend this as a daily driver yet because its a first build . Its still a nice rom and has a lot of potential. But a good bug report should help the dev get an idea where the rom is at and areas where it could improve.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Hey pc747, long time no talk. Where can we follow up on the development, updates, and improvements being made? I can't seem to find the source where all this is coming from. Someone said on RootzWiki but I didn't find anything there.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
You mentioned we can't use the Bootstrap app. What do we use to get into Recovery (not the stock Recovery)?

I used ROM Manager Premium (Clockwork Mod's app) to get into Recovery. Seemed to work. Did a test with trying to flash bootanimation.zip off of the root of the SD Card and it frozed so I had to do a battery pull. Not sure what's up with that since for some reason we can't swap out custom boot animations through Theme Manager.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
You mentioned we can't use the Bootstrap app. What do we use to get into Recovery (not the stock Recovery)?

I used ROM Manager Premium (Clockwork Mod's app) to get into Recovery. Seemed to work. Did a test with trying to flash bootanimation.zip off of the root of the SD Card and it frozed so I had to do a battery pull. Not sure what's up with that since for some reason we can't swap out custom boot animations through Theme Manager.

It's in the power menu. Hold power button, select reboot, then select recovery.

Droid 2 MIUI

kevyo

Reaction score
Just got my replacement phone and I'm ready to flash this rom, but if the camera isn't working, then I'll have to pass until it does (replacement was due to a blurry camera).

So is the camera issue universal, or are only a few having the camera issue?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Abs

Reaction score
I swear on my life my Email application disappeared. I had it and Gmail thrown in a folder I named Mail. After getting my email set up, the Email app had disappeared from the folder. I can still get to it using recent apps... but no way other than that. Weird

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just got my replacement phone and I'm ready to flash this rom, but if the camera isn't working, then I'll have to pass until it does (replacement was due to a blurry camera).

It's universal.

kevyo

Reaction score
Then I'll do what pc747 suggested and sort of wait for future builds of the ROM so they can iron out some of the issues. Looks like a sweet ROM that's worth checking out so hopefully those fixes get fixed soon.

It's universal.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score

It's in the power menu. Hold power button, select reboot, then select recovery.

Droid 2 MIUI

That is stock recovery, not CW recovery. What we want is a working CW recovery.