Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

BionicN00b

Reaction score
Been lurking for a while. Not much of a rom user except for my older phones that I don't use as daily drivers. Have always rooted but remained stock on my daily drivers. Used titanium to freeze bloat, etc. , but again not much more. Always worried I will brick my daily driver.

I am on .232 not using h0b just using stock loader. Will I experience any issues using h0b to go to .247?

In any case cool stuff I appreciate all the devs otherwise we would all still be waiting on moto and carriers for ics.

Any help is appreciated.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I go to Recovery, select install from SD card and it starts the process, I'm only getting what I posted above. I'm trying to do this with .232 at the moment. I'll let you know how that goes.

Wait, 232? I thought you were trying to install 247? If you pick a different update than what you prepped the phone for it'll fail the assertions. If you're installing the same update that you prepped the phone for and it's giving you that error, the update zip is corrupt on the sdcard.

jk12475

Reaction score
I thought I might try 232 but I take it thats a bad idea. Let me try 247 again and let you know what happens.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I thought I might try 232 but I take it thats a bad idea. Let me try 247 again and let you know what happens.

I have to assume you read the OP or you wouldn't be doing this. If you read the OP you know you can't go to 232 from 247. Since you prepared the phone for 247 you need to install it successfully or your phone will stay bricked.

jk12475

Reaction score
Without the phone attached to the computer, I dont think I need to?
finding package
opening package
verifying package
installing update
verifying current system
updating BP
updating LTE

never got this far before!!! Still going at the moment.

jk12475

Reaction score
I logged whatever it said but it looks like it worked this time! Below is the log, I wiped the cache and now I'm waiting for the reboot to happen.

removing unneeded files from preinstall
patching preinstall
unpacking new files
symlinks
removing unneeded files
unpacking new files in vwebtop
symlinks and permissions in vwebtop
removing unneeded files
patching system files

status bar almost at 3/4 now!

patching sys files
patching boot image
creating empty dir in system
unpacking new filesunpacking new recovery
symlinkks and recovery
random offset
updating cdrom, hs mbmloader, mbm, logo.bin, devtree, cdt.bin install complete!

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I logged whatever it said but it looks like it worked this time! Below is the log, I wiped the cache and now I'm waiting for the reboot to happen.

removing unneeded files from preinstall
patching preinstall
unpacking new files
symlinks
removing unneeded files
unpacking new files in vwebtop
symlinks and permissions in vwebtop
removing unneeded files
patching system files

status bar almost at 3/4 now!

patching sys files
patching boot image
creating empty dir in system
unpacking new filesunpacking new recovery
symlinkks and recovery
random offset
updating cdrom, hs mbmloader, mbm, logo.bin, devtree, cdt.bin install complete!

Yea, you're all set. Enjoy.

jk12475

Reaction score
Now I'm getting an Android is upgrading message, 183 of 203 currently. In the end, I figured maybe the zip file was corrupt so I erased and reloaded it to the SD card and tried again. Seems like it worked! I wonder if the initial problem was with windows 7 64 bit? It seems to be working on my XP laptop now. I really dont care though, as long as it works lol! Thanks for your support, you are a credit to the community helping out so quickly.

And we are on ICS now! No Data connection at the moment though, hope that comes up soon.....

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You may have to reboot to get data. It'll settle down over the next couple days.

jk12475

Reaction score
You rock Samurai, thanks so much for getting us out of that old OS.

Last edited: