Force Close when Uninstalling Apps

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I posted this in the Bionic forum, but I think this is more than just a phone problem now. Whenever I uninstall an app, I get a Force Close saying: "The application Package Access Helper (process com.android.defcontainer) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

The app uninstalls but this is becoming very annoying, and nobody could answer this in the other forum I made. I have never rooted or attempted to root or modify my Bionic, so I don't know why it's acting up. There was no recent update that made this start happening, and no app seems to be doing this considering I have limited myself to 18 user-downloaded apps—none of which would have the likelihood of causing this.

The only ways I can think of that would fix this is rooting and using ROM manager's 'Fix Permissions' tool, or going through a factory reset. But I'd rather not use either of those options, and thus I turn to the community of DroidForums.

Please Help?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try going to settings/apps/manage apps/all/find the installer apk and wipe cache or data

OP
hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
The only one I found didn't have any options whatsoever to go along with it, and now that I'm looking for it, I can't even find com.android.defcontainer

OP
hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Can someone please help me with this? I have no clue where to start

jbaeza83

Reaction score
Can someone please help me with this? I have no clue where to start

Did you ever figure out how to fix this? I am having the exact same problem. Whenever I install something or uninstall something I get "The package access helper (process com.android.defcontainer) has stopped unexpectedly."

The only difference is that my Bionic is rooted.
Anyone else that can help?