Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
And jc1497 is up and running again, as well. The new functionality in the HoB saved the day. Quite kuel, actually.

jc1497

Reaction score
@jc1497, I sent you another PM. Please try that and reply to it. I'll continue to help you in PM until we get it solved. At least all the work I did last night was able to get you back to the LTE error. That's good. :)
We are back from the brink. Second PM did it. Update completed. That was awesome. Not sure why RSD was acting up but it just would not flash. :hail: Thank you again.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
LinuxMac 1.3 RELEASE

o) Make the Linux/Mac release as consistent as possible with the Windows release

djdavid60

Reaction score
Just want to say thanks Sam!! I just used HoB to go to 232. I'm not adventurous enough to go further, as I do not want to lose my upgrade path. So far so good. Battery seems to be sucking faster now though. Will have to look around for solutions to that. Thanks!!!!

Doug

Kobe24

Reaction score
djdavid60 said:
Just want to say thanks Sam!! I just used HoB to go to 232. I'm not adventurous enough to go further, as I do not want to lose my upgrade path. So far so good. Battery seems to be sucking faster now though. Will have to look around for solutions to that. Thanks!!!!

Doug

Give it a few days...

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
NEW WINDOWS FUNCTIONALITY REVEALED

Create a NORSD empty file in the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic directory with no extension....just NORSD. It can be an empty text file. This will disable RSD mode in the House of Bionic and revert to flashing with moto-fastboot. For those having problems with RSD and need an alternative, this is how you do it. The functionality with moto-fastboot mirrors how the Linux/Mac script works. I've had 2 people test it successfully so far. Neither could use RSD for various reasons.

Newbie instructions for creating the file (sigh):

o) Right click in the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic directory, select New, Text Document. Change the FULL name to NORSD. *NOT* NORSD.txt as that will NOT work.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Mac and Linux people. I added a new link in the OP for you guys and gals. I tested it on my 64 bit Ubuntu VM and it works. No idea if it'll work on a Mac or not. It's called InnoExtractor. It'll allow you to extract the ### directories from my update installers. Ordinarily since they're windows only you'd have to use WINE to run it and extract it. However, with the InnoExtractor script, you can download my update installers, run the innoextractor.sh script on it, and it'll extract an app\### directory. Move the ### directory into the LinuxMac_HouseOfBionic directory and you're good to go. You can do the same thing for the FXZ, as well. So if you're trying to get the 247 update, you'd download the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic_(247).exe and then run the following command:

./innoextractor /path/to/SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic_\(247\).exe

Then you'd have an app folder and inside that would be the 247 folder you move to the root of the LinuxMac_HouseOfBionic directory to add 247 support.

I hope this helps!

ekf028

Reaction score

Create a NORSD empty file in the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic directory with no extension....just NORSD. It can be an empty text file. This will disable RSD mode in the House of Bionic and revert to flashing with moto-fastboot. For those having problems with RSD and need an alternative, this is how you do it. The functionality with moto-fastboot mirrors how the Linux/Mac script works. I've had 2 people test it successfully so far. Neither could use RSD for various reasons.

o) Right click in the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic directory, select New, Text Document. Change the FULL name to NORSD. *NOT* NORSD.txt as that will NOT work.

Glad to be your Guinea pig :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rqd

Reaction score

I read everything twice and decided to go to 247. Had the same hiccup so created NORSD and it worked as advertised. Now dealing with sluggish data and no call capability but I am confident that the answers lie within these posts. Checking SetCPU and if that doesn't work, factory reset. If that doesn't work then a Galaxy IIIs will solve it and I'll donate my brick to reinforce the foundation of the HoB.

rqd