D2G GB Update ?

silver6054

Reaction score
only 14 MB? this is either one of the most compressed files known to man or somethigns wrong here
This is just for upgrading from .607 and it appears to work (i.e. my phone reports it is now running .608!). I guess it shows how little was fixed, just the encryption issue.
When it's officially released, I assume there is a much bigger version for those upgrading from Froyo.

silver6054

Reaction score
I just sbf'd to stock today and it says my device is up to date even though im on froyo. What do I do?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Because the .607 update was removed and the new one, .608, has not yet been officially released, so the check for update will say the device is up to date.
Upgrade to .607 using the links posted all over this forum, such as:
Gingerbread leak - D2G Updated to 4.5.607!!

and then use the link in post 43 above to upgrade to .608. Or, wait a few days for the official .608 release.

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Every time I try to do power and x it freezes or somethin and clicking the search does nothing... what do I do? Trying to install 8

silver6054

Reaction score
Every time I try to do power and x it freezes or somethin and clicking the search does nothing... what do I do? Trying to install 8

Are you running .607? You need to use the volume keys rather than search when running GB. You are getting the android, right?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Ya, thanks I feel dumb lol I'll try it now.

jb0072011

Reaction score
what if you have the TBH .606 which is rooted and has the clockwork recovery. Will this update still work if I restore all bloatware or do I have to SBF due to the clockwork? Also does this update fix the backlight issue? Much obliged

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
what if you have the TBH .606 which is rooted and has the clockwork recovery. Will this update still work if I restore all bloatware or do I have to SBF due to the clockwork? Also does this update fix the backlight issue? Much obliged
The update checks the release fingerprint. If it's not 4.5.607, it won't install.

The update addresses a problem with Exchange encryption and there are some minor Bluetooth fixes.

William_04_x

Reaction score
GB has turned me into a complete Droid junkie. Since the update, I'm constantly fiddling with the phone and changing little things. It runs so much better now. :icon_ lala: