D2G, gingerbread update???

Reaction score
Since I got my D2G back in late december, I've read and been told that the D2G and Droid X would be among those phones getting the gingerbread update, and I just recently read an article about someone seeing gingerbread on the D-X out in the wild. So does anyone have any news or idea when the D2G will be getting our gingerbread updates, cause I'm stoked for it and am getting a lil inpatient lol so any news on the subject would be much appreciated!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
June.

sorry for the short answer but here are like 100 threads asking about GB release date.

I got June from VZW Corp Support.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I actually just now read in a thread on this forum, that the end of this month could possibly be when verizon is getting the GB update

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google announced a little while back that they are rolling out the updates on a "every 6 month" program. We got our most recent update in Dec. 6 months makes it June.

you will hear rumors indicating everything from tomorrow to never. Who knows at this point.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Google announced a little while back that they are rolling out the updates on a "every 6 month" program. We got our most recent update in Dec. 6 months makes it June.

you will hear rumors indicating everything from tomorrow to never. Who knows at this point.

Oh, I see your point. Thanks for the info man. At least I know I will be getting GB for D2G soon, june isn't that far off! Until then hopefully someone will make a custom GB rom for the D2G, im not sure if someone has yet, last I checked about a month ago, the only custom rom for D2G was fission, but that may have changed...I really want that GB keyboard soooo bad, among the other improvements! And I like the fact that the notication bar is gonna be black instead of grey-ish, cause grey makes it look so boring lol

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can download the GB keyboard from the market for free. Just install it then go into settings and set it as your default keyboard.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

Oh, I see your point. Thanks for the info man. At least I know I will be getting GB for D2G soon, june isn't that far off! Until then hopefully someone will make a custom GB rom for the D2G, im not sure if someone has yet, last I checked about a month ago, the only custom rom for D2G was fission, but that may have changed...I really want that GB keyboard soooo bad, among the other improvements! And I like the fact that the notication bar is gonna be black instead of grey-ish, cause grey makes it look so boring lol

I agree with the changes being welcome though. I am running Liberty 1.5 on my D2....not D2G, but I know there are a couple more ROM's available for you now. There is one that is only for the D2G....I think it was by Get R Done....check out this link. Looks like you can run D2 ROM's on your G

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/get-r-done/124823-rom-tools-team-get-r-done-d2g-rom-er-tool-tool-convert-d2-roms-use-d2g.html

tb110895

Reaction score