D2G on EOL list, will we see GB?

warped1987

Reaction score
What do you guys think, now that the D2G is on the End of Life list do you think they are even going to bother releasing the GB update that we all know they have, or at the very least have still been working on the bugs.

I'm kinda 50/50 on it. If it weren't for Google just buying Motorola I would have said we'd never see it, but now I'm just thinking we might see it but it will be 2012 before we do lol.

vintage2714

Reaction score
Yeah I think you're right.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bikedude880

Reaction score
Just as my two cents: The first time they gave us the runaround was the last time I believed it was going to be updated. Always trust in "hackers" and not corporations. (Don't quote me on this)

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

Last edited:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Depends on your definition of hackers; see hacks at MIT :laugh:
I am having doubts about this as well, it seems they might just sweep us under the rug as they did with Droid 2.

And I agree with the above, most corporations at this point are not trustworthy. It's just a matter of time before they patent something basic to us all, and expect us to pay for it.
Me? I'm going to make a stand and play hardball. Hope they like my "cooking".

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
Well I decided quite a while ago I was done with Motorola and my next device will most likely be HTC. UNLESS Moto comes out with something that blows my mind and with a keyboard, then I might consider sticking with them.

EOK1335

Reaction score
hell moto.
if they keep ignoring existing users with their old phone models like this i will defnately switch to sth else. most likely htc.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

ExodusC

Reaction score
It's really frustrating to think we won't see Gingerbread on the Droid 2 Global.

Regardless, the CyanogenMod port has been making the phone usable again... I'm using a nightly build right now, and I can't wait for it to go official.

I really would prefer a Droid 3 at this point- not just because of the hardware, but because the MotoBLUR on the phone is much lighter than it is on the Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well, CM7 needs the official Gingerbread update due to various issues with having to work around a lot of problems in the outdated proprietary libraries and drivers.

Alas.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Or we can put our money on the libaudio.so cvpcs is working on. Whenever that's finished anyways.

ExodusC

Reaction score
Well, CM7 needs the official Gingerbread update due to various issues with having to work around a lot of problems in the outdated proprietary libraries and drivers.

Alas.
Still, the nightly ports right now are usable as a daily driver if you're aware of the bugs, and we've slowly been solving some of them... Hopefully we can get a stable enough port.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
It's not about libaudio. It's about the kernel itself. Backporting the entire base system to fit the old kernel is just troublesome and bug-prone.

The phone needs either an official GB update, or a bootloader unlock.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
if they release GB for the X why wouldnt it be released for the D2G?

Reaction score
I was under the impression it was just the blue and white models of the D2G that were being discontinued. Is their evidence other than the leaked VZ memo pointing to the contrary I have overlooked?

Edit: nevermind; I've just learned these are the only two models the D2G has available. F.U. Motorola...

Last edited: