[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

ooklathemok

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to test much at all yet, as TiB keeps freezing up upon restore. I assume it is some apps that aren't ICS friendly. 3 so far. One of them was WiFi Tether. I assume that probably doesn't work in CM9 yet?

Some time ago (just after I paid for TiB), I was lucky enough to have Google restore my apps when I first signed in. I don't know why that doesn't happen any more.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to test much at all yet, as TiB keeps freezing up upon restore. I assume it is some apps that aren't ICS friendly. 3 so far. One of them was WiFi Tether. I assume that probably doesn't work in CM9 yet?

Some time ago (just after I paid for TiB), I was lucky enough to have Google restore my apps when I first signed in. I don't know why that doesn't happen any more.

It has worked fine for me. I restored all my old apps including Wifi Tether

CM9

cougar214

Reaction score
No. It's not apps that aren't ICS friendly cause it happens to me to. TiBu needs to be updated to run correctly on ICS.

Savagerun

Reaction score
I had no problem at all restoring my apps with tibu on this rom but i did have issues with it on encounter ics.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tech4him

Reaction score
Donation Made! Thanks for the work and I look forward to seeing this get stable and become the daily driver for ICS on the Droid X. Keep it up.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. It's not apps that aren't ICS friendly cause it happens to me to. TiBu needs to be updated to run correctly on ICS.

TiBu has been updated several times to work correctly with ICS. Look at the changelog

CM9

CP6608

Reaction score
I have been running this for about 2-3 hours and I really like the ROM as a whole, however I am hesitant to use it as a daily driver as it does not seem to be very stable. Yes, I know it is in Beta and all so I am not complaining at all. I love this ROM and it is making me want to go out and get the Nexus, or at least have Asus update my dang TF101. The only problems I am having are random reboots and freeze ups where I have to pull the battery. Other than that I love the ROM!! Great job Devs!

ooklathemok

Reaction score
I have been running this for about 2-3 hours and I really like the ROM as a whole, however I am hesitant to use it as a daily driver as it does not seem to be very stable. Yes, I know it is in Beta and all so I am not complaining at all. I love this ROM and it is making me want to go out and get the Nexus, or at least have Asus update my dang TF101. The only problems I am having are random reboots and freeze ups where I have to pull the battery. Other than that I love the ROM!! Great job Devs!

Oh yes, I am loving this ROM. Very nice job! I am excited to have ICS on the Droid X.

Most of the day at work went smoothly for me. However, I have had 3 battery pulls since I got home. Still, I don't want to full suspect the ROM. It seems to have started when I installed Go Launcher.

lowvolt

Reaction score
Is this a 2nd init rom?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The 2/21 build is working fine for me. I did have one freeze but it was because I plugged my phone into my truck head unit while it was booting. Other than that, its been great. No random reboots and the battery life is better.

CM9

lowvolt

Reaction score
I asked this in a seperate post but believe it can be best answered here.
I believe ssx is a 2nd init rom. I am wondering if icvortex is also . I am also Interested in CM9. My question is. Using boot manager can use ssx as the phone rom and then boot between icvortex and CM9?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I asked this in a seperate post but believe it can be best answered here.
I believe ssx is a 2nd init rom. I am wondering if icvortex is also . I am also Interested in CM9. My question is. Using boot manager can use ssx as the phone rom and then boot between icvortex and CM9?

For some reason, ICS ROMs won't work as slot ROMs. And Vortex isn't ICS

CM9

lowvolt

Reaction score
Okay. I have heard that you can make CM9 the phone rom and ssx and vortex the slot roms. Can someone post a valid link to the CM9 and gapps for CM9?