[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

dxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reaction score
Are you able to check the MD5 on the zip you downloaded? I had the same happen to me and it was caused by a bad download. I downloaded it again and flashed and it worked fine.

Try to get in stock recovery and wipe data. Pull the battery out then put back in. Next press your home button and hold it in then press your power button and also hold that in. Continue holding in both buttons till you see a triangle on the screen then release the buttons and press in both volume buttons at the same time. That will get you in stock recovery. Next use your volume buttons to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and select it with your power button. When thats done select reboot system.

Thank you both for the quick replies. I was able to get into stock recovery which was a big relief. dancedroid The md5 matches for the file I downloaded but I did not check it again once I put it on the SD card so it could have been a bad transfer. I'll try again and update with results.

**Update: I wiped data/factory reset a few times from stock recovery to no avail and wound up sbf'ing back to .602 stock. After that things went smoothly.

Last edited:

kmss1

Reaction score
Any suggestions? I am currently on MX.604 (Milestone X) after using the linux method to get root from .621 and everytime I try to run this new CWM9 it tells me "E:\uable to verify signature"??

Please, any suggestions might help!? Thank you!

Last edited:

Savagerun

Reaction score
Any suggestions? I am currently on MX.604 (Milestone X) after using the linux method to get root from .621 and everytime I try to run this new CWM9 it tells me "E:\uable to verify signature"??

Please, any suggestions might help!? Thank you!

Can you be more specific. So your on rooted 604 and your trying to install cm9? Are you using Droid 2 bootstrap to install cm9? Sounds like trying to install through stock recovery. Im not understanding so if you could explain the steps your using to install cm9 that would help us help you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

stretch305

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with MMS messages or facebook account sync (I like to have the pictures in my contacts from FB)?

kmss1

Reaction score
Thanks Savagerun! That was the ticket, I was forgetting the Droid2 bootstrapper! :DOH:

kmss1

Reaction score
I knew I was forgetting something, now I feel like the "brightest lightbulb in the pack"! lmao, thanks again!:icon_eek:

Savagerun

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with MMS messages or facebook account sync (I like to have the pictures in my contacts from FB)?

For your mms you can use gosms or to use the stock messaging app just download the APN settings shortcut app from the play market then open the apn app and press your menu button then your gonna fill in 3 things and leave everything else blank. Where it says NAME put in verizon. Where it says APN put in internet then where it says MMSC put in http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms and then just press the save button and reboot your phone then check to see if your mms works. I don't have facebook so i cant help you there.

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
MMS works fine with the stock messaging app for me since the 4/3 build. As far as Facebook contact syncing goes, you need to use a 3rd party sync app since Facebook actively refuses to play nice with Android 4.0. I used Haxsync from the Market, it works perfect (probably even better than the regular FB sync).

Anybody else missing Car Home in the 4/24 build? Mine's just up and gone now, I had it on the 4/3 build.

Last edited:

localguitarhero

Reaction score
Need a little help, I flashed last night, got everything set up the way I like it, and haven't had any real problems. What I need help with though is with using slideit keyboard (alternative to swype), the app seems to work just fine, but a problem that I've had with this rom and several other roms with the app is that as soon as the app has used 1 mb of additional memory it freezes up and I can no longer type using the keyboard until I have cleared the data for the app... is there anything I can do to fix this, I never had this problem with any of the miui builds, but seem to have it on every other gb or ics build.

any help is appreciated in advance

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
I'm still seeing random contact disappearances on this build. I'll go to check my texts, and it'll just be a list of phone numbers with no contact icons or names. When this happens, my People app is completely blank and I can't do anything but reboot to get it all working normal again. Are there any logs you'd like me to trap and send to help diagnose this?

wsizoo

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the default browser sometimes decides to not load things and lock up?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Just grap a different browser from the market, there's plenty to choose from. Dolphin Hd browser never let's me down.