[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

JumperPunk

Reaction score
What router are you using? I have Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N with DD-Wart firmware. CM9 is the only ROM that fails to authenticate.
TKIP or AES?
My router is set to TKIP+AES. I'm using ICS Gummy ROM 1.01 now and WiFi is working. Thanks.

I'm using an Asus RT-N56U router. The WLAN is WPA2-PSK with AES encryption. I have not tried this build at work yet, which is WPA2 with AES encryption and PEAP/MSCHAPv2 authentication. Previous builds have worked on this network, but I can post back once I verify this one does.

The AES vs TKIP question is a good one. My guess is that the phone is having a hard time figuring out which one it is supposed to do. This is not uncommon with poorly written drivers. Unless you have a specific need for TKIP, I would change it to AES only. Only really old devices don't support AES, and generally having only 1 encryption option allows for better device compatibility.

Alternatively, stick with Gummy. CM9, Gummy, and AOKP are all great ROMs. At the moment I am leaning towards CM9, but I tend to switch a good bit.

JumperPunk

Reaction score
I've tried downloading via the OP link 4 times, once directly on the phone and 3 on the PC, but when I check the md5sum in Astro it just shows a blank line... I'm totally baffled at this point.

I usually do an MD5 check from my PC. I find that downloading it to my desktop or laptop results in more reliable downloads to begin with, so I just check it when it finishes downloading, and again after I copy it to the SD card (I have had several file transfers fail). In linux, md5sum is the most common cli program to check the md5. For windows, I find HashTab (HashTab tool to quickly find file hash information) to be the best option. It integrates nicely with the Windows file properties dialog box.

JumperPunk

Reaction score
I thought this was going to be one thought post... apparently not.

1 -
aDownloader is superb at downloading large files.
Installed from market. I'll try it next time I need to download a large file.

2a -
The option for the LEDtorch on the pulldown power buttons is disabled. For now, I have TeslaLED installed and Torch frozen (yes, it was disabled before I froze Torch) as I like the TeslaLED's 1x1 widget better than Torch's 2x2 widget. This is the case in CM9, gummy, and possibly AOKP (it's been a while since I installed AOKP). I seem to remember it having worked previously, but I dont remember in which build of the 3 ROMs (maybe it was AOKP?). It is not a huge deal, and 13th angel is probably already aware of the issue, but I dont remember it being mentioned in the thread (call me lazy, but I'm not going back through 75 pages of a thread that I've already read to verify that something is not there).
[edit] Re-found the buglist doc. Current status/fix for the flash says "Fixed/Torch fixed in 3/27 (3/28 for D2/D2G), (use pull down to turn on light). Camera flash working properly in upcoming builds." That's not quite the bug I am seeing. Can anyone else confirm this? [/edit]

2b -
[edit] Or maybe I just missed the link on the OP... that's embarrassing. The original text is here just in case someone ninja's my edit (or if you want a chuckle).[/edit]
Is there an official buglist/changelog somewhere? I know there is a short one on the OP, but I'm pretty sure it is out of date and/or incomplete. Maybe a google doc would be a good idea? I'm not sure what would be a good way to set it up so that we don't get false positives on bugs that are really user errors, though.

3 -
Is anyone using the 4/24 build on the .621 release? I'm thinking about upgrading once finals are done this week. I want to verify that it is working well (specifically the BT audio for phone calls - considering the binaries came from .621, I don't think it will be an issue but...), especially since I won't have the option of going back. I like the idea of the better battery life and performance that the .621 kernel/radios bring.

Last edited:

AndrewN42

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone able to confirm if flash (Adobe) works / doesn't work yet?

Last edited:

spivey76

Reaction score
I'm looking to update CWM but want to make sure I select the right option. To get to where I'm at now I:

-SBF'd to 605
-Rooted w/ Pete's oneclick
-Ran D2Bootstrap
-Flashed CM9

The ROM is installed and working fine. However I cannot get into CWM from a powered off state, and CWM is still at the boot strap version (2.5 I think). When I choose to update in Rom manager is gives the choice of DX or DX 2nd-init. Since this is a 2nd-init rom I should pick that, correct? Or will that interfere with D2Bootstrap? My system info is below:

Android: 4.0.4
BB: BP_C_01.09.13P
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-g34b306dbmvq37@zin22lnxdroid28 #1
CM: 9.0.0-RC0
Build: IMM76D

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
You don't need the D2 bootstrap with this rom. Install CWM as second init with Rom Manager if you want to update the version. I haven't been able to successfully boot into CWM though, I always have to reboot into recovery from a fully booted OS.

spivey76

Reaction score
You don't need the D2 bootstrap with this rom. Install CWM as second init with Rom Manager if you want to update the version. I haven't been able to successfully boot into CWM though, I always have to reboot into recovery from a fully booted OS.

That's not very reassuring. I want to flash the beats audio zip, but need a way to restore if something gets hosed up.

stretch305

Reaction score
I am thinking of trying out the 4/24 build from the 4/3 build. Do I need to Wipe Data/Factory Reset, or can I just Wipe Cache Partition and then flash the zip from my SD card.

Also, if I can just wipe cache then do I need to reflash google apps? Will wiping cache clear my app data (and make it so I need to restore with titanium backup)?

Is there a list out there regarding the changes that were made in this build? I know on the OP it just lists too many to mention.

Savagerun

Reaction score
I am thinking of trying out the 4/24 build from the 4/3 build. Do I need to Wipe Data/Factory Reset, or can I just Wipe Cache Partition and then flash the zip from my SD card.

Also, if I can just wipe cache then do I need to reflash google apps? Will wiping cache clear my app data (and make it so I need to restore with titanium backup)?

Is there a list out there regarding the changes that were made in this build? I know on the OP it just lists too many to mention.

You can just wipe cache partition and no it won't affect your app data and yes you need to reflash gapps also. Here's the latest gapps http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120422-signed.zip
EDIT... I haven't seen a full Changelog list.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
I was able to go from 4/3 to 4/24 no problem with just a cache wipe, rom flash, gapps flash. Worked first try! There's no changelog that I've seen either, but I did a little testing of some of the features and detailed them a few posts back.

dxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reaction score
I attempted to flash from 4/3 to 4/24 today and now my phone is hanging on the android boot screen. :( I booted into recovery, cleared cache, flashed cm9, flashed gapps and then rebooted and it took forever to get from the Motorola screen to the android loading screen and it has been there for about 30 min now. Anyone have an idea what could have gone wrong or how I can get back into recovery?

spivey76

Reaction score
I attempted to flash from 4/3 to 4/24 today and now my phone is hanging on the android boot screen. :( I booted into recovery, cleared cache, flashed cm9, flashed gapps and then rebooted and it took forever to get from the Motorola screen to the android loading screen and it has been there for about 30 min now. Anyone have an idea what could have gone wrong or how I can get back into recovery?

Are you able to check the MD5 on the zip you downloaded? I had the same happen to me and it was caused by a bad download. I downloaded it again and flashed and it worked fine.

Savagerun

Reaction score
Try to get in stock recovery and wipe data. Pull the battery out then put back in. Next press your home button and hold it in then press your power button and also hold that in. Continue holding in both buttons till you see a triangle on the screen then release the buttons and press in both volume buttons at the same time. That will get you in stock recovery. Next use your volume buttons to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and select it with your power button. When thats done select reboot system.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums