[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
More contact woes, I can't add new numbers to existing contacts now. I tried to add a friend's new number by clicking the call from the call log -> add to contacts -> selecting an existing contact -> hitting done. When I click done the contacts app just hangs. If I try to add the number manually by editing the contact I get a toast message saying, "Could not save contact." This is a pretty big show stopper on this rom for me, but I'll gladly help debug it to get it fixed. Just let me know what logs to provide.

Totally just lost all of my contacts again. That makes two reboots today, so it's getting more frequent. I may have to flash back to GB, all this rebooting is murdering my battery.

Last edited:

triumphguy

Reaction score
This looks like an awesome rom, I can't wait to try it out.

Not having much luck getting it installed though. First go around I wiped data and cache in recovery and then installed the cm9 .zip followed by the gapps .zip and rebooted. Phone booted up to the white "M" logo and stopped there.

I flashed back to stock with a boot CD, rooted with z4root and then installed Droid 2 bootstrapper. Checked the md5 on the rom and then tried to install from recovery again but had the same problem. Am I missing a step?

clueless77

Reaction score
triumphguy said:
This looks like an awesome rom, I can't wait to try it out.

Not having much luck getting it installed though. First go around I wiped data and cache in recovery and then installed the cm9 .zip followed by the gapps .zip and rebooted. Phone booted up to the white "M" logo and stopped there.

I flashed back to stock with a boot CD, rooted with z4root and then installed Droid 2 bootstrapper. Checked the md5 on the rom and then tried to install from recovery again but had the same problem. Am I missing a step?

The thing you are missing is getting on gingerbread kernel, having white "M" logo means you are on froyo, there are several ways to do this, I only posted this so you wouldn't get too bricked.

triumphguy

Reaction score
Worked a peach. I should be able to stretch this old phone out for a few months while I wait for the razr HD/fighter/whatever they're calling it.

triumphguy

Reaction score
Gotta say, I was worried at first about how this would run on an older phone but it's faster than cm7 and WAY faster than stock. Camera works, calls work, wifi works, gps works. I'm super impressed, it's like a new phone.

wolfballz

Reaction score
trouble with browser

I flashed this Rom and love it so far. Only issue i seem to have is the built in browser and dolphin browser hang when almost done loading pages. When I disable javascript they do load but the pages dont act the same.

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
Gotta say, I was worried at first about how this would run on an older phone but it's faster than cm7 and WAY faster than stock. Camera works, calls work, wifi works, gps works. I'm super impressed, it's like a new phone.

Yeah, ICS actually runs faster than GB! It's kinda nice! Any device that can run GB can run ICS, it was designed like that on purpose since we got spanked by the requirements of HC.

mikey32230

Reaction score
Question!

The real ICS has a native app killer / multitasker built in by holding down the home button right? When i hold down the home button with this rom its only a recent apps manager. I believe Gummy has the multitasking feature. Is there one within this rom, or is it being worked on, or not possible? just wondering. Thanks!

cheffern

Reaction score
CM9 Flash Issue

So I'm having issues updating to CM9. To start with, my phone received the ota .621 update, but then I downgraded to the Milestone X 4.5.604 and rooted using zergrush following the directions at droidxforums. I downloaded the 4/24 update to CM9, but whenever I try to install it using CWM ROM Manager, I get an error message during the package verification stating:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed

I have performed a md5sum check on both the file I downloaded and the version that I copied to my sd card and verified both copies match the md5sum stated by the OP. I cannot figure out what's going wrong and preventing me from updating to ics... Any help would be much appreciated!!

charles

Jaredh.d2012

Reaction score
Question!

The real ICS has a native app killer / multitasker built in by holding down the home button right? When i hold down the home button with this rom its only a recent apps manager. I believe Gummy has the multitasking feature. Is there one within this rom, or is it being worked on, or not possible? just wondering. Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken the recent tasks is a live app manager as well. When you hold home down and see the previews you can slide them to the left or right and kill the task.