[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (D2G) (8/19)

Shredmaster

Reaction score
I cannot thank the developers enough for this! This is an amazing rom! The progress since I first flashed the rom to now is just mind blowing! Everything works smooth once you set up the phone and get past the numerous force closes, it starts to work beautifully. So far so good! Props for the developers!:hail:

Shredmaster

Reaction score
I have been using the rom for 2 days now, and in general is an outstanding rom! The only "downsides" so far have been for me:
1) lack of.physical keyboard backlight
2) lack of heptic feedback for the onscreen keyboard
3) and some apps seem to be incompatible (please don't laugh instagram)
4) lack of flash

But the camera, the smoothness, and general performace is just great

mishamosher

Reaction score
A quick question...

When can we hope a sync with the CM9 sources? There are lot of changes for the CM9 line that I would love to see in this ROM (the ones in CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Crespo for example).

And... the data part, the data counter and limiter seems to not be implemented yet, is this right?

Finally, what can I do to help to this ROM development if I've a D2G? Would love to be helpful in this project!

Last edited:

spatialfear

Reaction score
I have been using the rom for 2 days now, and in general is an outstanding rom! The only "downsides" so far have been for me:
4) lack of flash

I can agree with this whole statement as I am in same boat. Same Droid 2 Global...n yes its working great otherwise :)

JustabigKid

Reaction score
got a couple of questions with this rom,

Is there a way to prevent it from ringing on the phones external ringer when headphones are plugsed in? I use my phone for music when at work (work in a shop) and when some one calls (always durring a meeting of some sort) it ruings in both headset and on phone have loaded this rom several times and other roms dont seam to do it.

Another question is the LED up in the corner it dont ever seam to light up for any reason not sure if it cause the ICS base or if the light is bad or what.

And oh yeah one other thing I know it was fixed some time ago with the MMS not working but for some reason I can not find it any where as to how to get it to send and recieve I get the notice to download but it never downloads and cant seam to send them either say it does but dont get there to the other guy.

Other wisenice rom and no desire to switch back to GB even with the these 3 glitches I got.

Thanks for any ideas or help.

chetan.saraf

Reaction score
I can agree with this whole statement as I am in same boat. Same Droid 2 Global...n yes its working great otherwise :)

4) lack of flash

Well i agree with you on 1st, 3rd and 4th points but on 2nd you are wrong. It does vibrate on pressing keys on On-Screen keyboard but the intensity is too low... Please check it for yourself...
And yes otherwise phone is working great...

Bandale

Reaction score
Looks and feels nice but it isn't prompting me to do my pin to unlock sim card, so idk what that means.

alixjg

Reaction score
I love this rom, i put it on 2 days ago... BUT I cannot get it to vibrate when I receive a text message. I've checked under Messaging>Settings>Vibrate and selected "Always", Vibrate pattern is "Normal", and I've selected the "Ring and Vibrate" selection using the Notification pull-down. Anyone having/had this issue?

rocketlog

Reaction score
^Nope. Mine's vibrating just fine. Try downloading a power control widget from the Play Store.

I control my vibrate settings through the Go Switch Widget in Go Launcher EX. Never had a problem with it. Any other power widget should do fine, too.

alixjg

Reaction score
Haptic feedback is ok, and it does vibrate when I receive a call, but not when getting a text message...

surfsnake2

Reaction score
Keyboard issues and battery question

My physical keyboard is not working to type.... when i try to text or type on any app or anywhere nothing gets typed out. However some keys launch shortcuts. examples: s launches handcent sms. a launches calculator. e launches email
<Now working after a reset>

And when i download an app it forces a shortcut to be placed on the home screen. is there a way to keep this from happening?

Has anyone else had issues with the phone speaker not working, when I pressed what i believed to be the speaker function in a call, the speaker would not activate.
<Now working after a reset)

What are people getting as far as battery life with CM9? And are there anyways to improve battery life that this rom has addressed that was not available in stock?

Last edited:

srw0015

Reaction score
I had the same issue. If that starts happening, press the soft search button and it should solve the issue. Hope this helped.

rocketlog

Reaction score
Haptic feedback is ok, and it does vibrate when I receive a call, but not when getting a text message...

I'm using Go SMS and I have Vibrate under "Advanced>Notification Settings" set to "Always".

Vibrate works for me when I turn the Vibrate on in Go Switch.

Hope you're using both so you can just copy my settings. :biggrin:

surfsnake2

Reaction score
Using handcent, MMS does not seem to go through, is there something needed to be adjusted in settings? I assume Panorama is still a ways off? When i switch to it all i get is a black screen.