Cyanogenmod 7 or Ultimate Droid 3.0?

B

bigsapz

Been running both over the past couple days. Kinda liking UD better. Custom fonts, better batt life and no random reboots so far. I Was just wondering what issues you all have been seeing w/ both ROMs. Thx

sent from my 2.3.2 Incredible

OP
B

bigsapz

Any particular reason? CM7 is a tight rom but UD seems smoother

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any particular reason? CM7 is a tight rom but UD seems smoother

There was a whole "issue" back 8-9 months ago about Black Droid using some of CM's work without giving credit. It got really, really nasty. BD gives credit now, but old animosities linger. I was one of the "haters" but have since moved on and only want to use what works for ME (not interested in all the drama). I use UD a lot now simply because it works on my phone and I like it's themeing better. CM is probably the best roms available and you absolutely can not go wrong by using it. Koush and his team are top notch and always leading the way. Again, for me it's a themeing issue. I use the one that I can enjoy looking at daily.

Good luck.

OP
B

bigsapz

Wow. Thanks for all the info. What a trip. Ego battles mean little to me. Esp over a cell phone ROM but everyone has their thing i guess eh? I like both ROMs and I too like the themes better with UD.

UNC

Reaction score
CM7...not going into UD at all

+1. CM is the King of the roms. I've used em all, but I always end up back on CM. I have run it on G1, MT3G, Droid, and Droid Inc.

What about CM makes u keep going back?

Its smooth, has the best built-in features, and has great battery life. Not to mention the constant work being done via the nightlies.

CM has had the best Donut, Eclair, Froyo, and Gingerbread roms so far.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

masully1984

Reaction score
+1. CM is the King of the roms. I've used em all, but I always end up back on CM. I have run it on G1, MT3G, Droid, and Droid Inc.

What about CM makes u keep going back?

Its smooth, has the best built-in features, and has great battery life. Not to mention the constant work being done via the nightlies.

CM has had the best Donut, Eclair, Froyo, and Gingerbread roms so far.

+1, not to mention the CM developers are the best developer team out imo. I really wasn't going to elaborate on the back story between CM and UD. No sense beating a dead horse

daddyshatch

Reaction score
I mightbe wrong but aren't most roms cm based? No cm= no ud?

UNC

Reaction score
For those wandering what happened

I didn't quote your links because the story is dead and tired!
Yes Kang-gate was a big deal in the android dev community, but it isn't what keeps me from using UD... UD just isn't as smooth as CM. IMO.

And UD's battery life isn't as good as CM's. That's a fact, not my opinion.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
UD has forever been the best... People can complain about the past but that doesnt change the fact that BD has been working his butt off on an amazing ROM that will beat them all in its final version...

OP
B

bigsapz

Battery life better with CM7? We talking stock build kernals?