Battery life on cyanogenmod 7

DROID11

Reaction score
I recently rooted and flashed my phone with cyanogenmod 7 rc1 (running 2.3) with a slayher kernel. I have read here and other forums that this extends peoples battery life by ridiculous amounts and they have gone 20 hours without a charge. Although the battery life seems to be slightly and I do mean slightly better than stock it still for lack of a better word sucks. I have barely used it since 4 when I took it off the charge at a full charge with 1800 mah battery yet here 3 hours later I am already down to <75% battery. To use more than 1/4 battery in 3 hours when more or less on standby (a couple texts and very light browsing, no calls) is pretty poor IMO. Any advice anyone?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

masully1984

Reaction score
Use Chad's incredikernel, over on XDA, then go into the performance settings under CM and changed the governor to Smartass and set the minimum cpu frequency to 128.

CM7 nightly

gambit07

Reaction score
Use Chad's incredikernel, over on XDA, then go into the performance settings under CM and changed the governor to Smartass and set the minimum cpu frequency to 128.

CM7 nightly

Also be sure to wipe your battery stats from recovery if you haven't done it in a while.

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
Thanks guys. One more thing, which may make me sound like a n00b, but how do i check what hboot I have? I haven't changed it since I rooted following the most recent Unrevoked technique.

@Gambit I wiped my battery stats and now it seems to die even faster.

masully1984

Reaction score
Shut your phone off then hold the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time, that will take you into the hboot and it will say what version you have.

If you use the app Quick Boot just select the Bootloader option and it will reboot the the phone into the same menu.

CM7 nightly

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
Ok I am running hboot 0.92. I still don't understand why my battery life is so bad. I am running the exact same specs as you, and I am lucky to get 6 hours out of my battery on light use. I understand every phone is different, but I typically don't have any apps running and I can't get more than a couple hours out of an extended life battery. I have tried the original battery and it's even worse. :(. I have had this phone for 6 months now and after seeing the battery life of other phones it is really making me question the dinc. I might have to switch to an iPhone if nothing else. I used to hate them, but the more I see of it the more I actually like, since it does everything I need (texting, browsing, music like pandora and mp3s, and very few games) and it has a battery that can last most users a full day.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
I get between 12-18 hours on stock CM7 kernal. (using smart ass @ min 928) That's with moderate to heavy usage. I use one widget and 6 screens.

Sent from my GB Incredible

masully1984

Reaction score
I'm not real sure what to tell you, have you checked the CM7 or Chad's thread on XDA to see what others are saying? Have you checked your battery stats to see whats using all the power? First thing I would do is check your display setting. The display can be a huge battery killer.

CM7 nightly

masully1984

Reaction score
I get between 12-18 hours on stock CM7 kernal. (using smart ass @ min 928) That's with moderate to heavy usage. I use one widget and 6 screens.

Sent from my GB Incredible

Stock kernel doesn't have smartass....

CM7 nightly

masully1984

Reaction score
This is an incredible thread, slayher does the stock kernel for CM7...someone even modified one his kernels a little bit ago

CM7 nightly