Cyanogenmod 7 or Ultimate Droid 3.0?

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
UD atttempts to put too much in for my tastes. I want something closer to stock without pieces of different ROMS pasted into it. I am fairly advanced so font changing and so doesn't bother me because all I need to do is put what I want in /system/fonts/ and I'm done. There is too much bloat with UD and always has been. People love it though and rightly so. If they don't know how to do it themselves having that extra there is a godsend and the UD team does a very damn good job in that department.

OP
B

bigsapz

I've been using UD 3.0 since beta and it has been pretty good. They seemed to be further ahead on the Gingerbread goodness than any of the other developers. The UD RC 3.0 was released last week and I installed that too. It runs really well, and I'm loving the new features like the text selecting tool and the customizable buttons on the notification bar.

However, UD 3.0 had a few bugs though, like the camera not working and losing 3G after getting a phone call (fix was to go to airplane mode momentarily after each call then it would come back). This, plus some random reboots got to be enough of a problem that I went back to my Tang Themed Lithium Mod as my primary ROM.

Then a few days ago I found the CM 7 and had to try it. It's awesome! All the Gingerbread hotness but with a working camera and so far no random reboots. It's so good. CM has been a great ROM for me in the past, and the nightlies are fun to check out. I'm sticking with CM7 for a while and loving it so far!

The camera works great. Watched the Lake show get handled at Staple Center today. Took mad video and pix. Both w/o issue. What is the prob with the camera?

The 3G issue is with Gingerbread I thought? Does this not happen with CM?

sent from my 2.3.2 Incredible

OP
B

bigsapz

UD atttempts to put too much in for my tastes. I want something closer to stock without pieces of different ROMS pasted into it. I am fairly advanced so font changing and so doesn't bother me because all I need to do is put what I want in /system/fonts/ and I'm done. There is too much bloat with UD and always has been. People love it though and rightly so. If they don't know how to do it themselves having that extra there is a godsend and the UD team does a very damn good job in that department.

Agreed. They def go above and beyond with features. I for one find it a good general practice to NOT mess with sys files. I don't mind donating to a dev to bake it into the ROM.

jr313

Reaction score
CM 7 imo is the better of the 2...ive used UD in the past and didnt care for it much and i have ran other GB roms BUT as sum have said i always end back up wit CM...i use it cuz its always stable and smooth, fast and have never had a problem with any CM rom ive ever used...once the stable version of CM 7 comes out there will be more themes for it from other themers CM always keeps it simple and to the point not flashy but straight up bizness!

OP
B

bigsapz

Until CM7 comes to RC, Im gonna run UD 3.0. The CM7 nightlies are just to unstable.

Anyone have an ETA estimate for a CM7 RC?

UNC

Reaction score
Until CM7 comes to RC, Im gonna run UD 3.0. The CM7 nightlies are just to unstable.

CM7 is MORE stable on D1 than UD. For me anyway...

I think the first RC will be out within the next 10 days.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
B

bigsapz

I run build #14 for now.

Def looking fwd to the RC1

UNC

Reaction score

Ya CM7 for D1 is already at RC2. Inc is still BETA. I run build #14 for now.

I don't know of RC on D1. Its on nightly build 21 right now...

OP
B

bigsapz

Ya CM7 for D1 is already at RC2. Inc is still BETA. I run build #14 for now.

I don't know of RC on D1. Its on nightly build 21 right now...

I was thinking of UD. My bad on that.

jr313

Reaction score

Im running CM nightly #19 and everything is working fine for me its fast and smooth im getting pretty good battery for me and i use my phone all day and no complaints..i have it on my Droid Inc

OP
B

bigsapz

Im running CM nightly #19 and everything is working fine for me its fast and smooth im getting pretty good battery for me and i use my phone all day and no complaints..i have it on my Droid Inc

Thank u. I have been waiting for someone to say they found a solid nightly.

jr313

Reaction score
No probs bro...im actually downloading #20 now and will be installing it tonite...lol...just remember the camcorder works but not in 720p i dont think any GB rom has the working 720p canera but it does record video i know becuz ive used it..

masully1984

Reaction score
the cm7 nightly's have been pretty stable going to back to the crackflashers days. I've been using it as my daily driver. #20 seems to be best build yet. Slayher was saying last night the RC doesn't seem to be too far away. So i'm sticking with CM7. :icon_ banana:

OP
B

bigsapz

When u enable the battery status on the lock screen for CM7 in #17-20 does it show "discharging " when unplugged?

OP
B

bigsapz

When u enable the battery status on the lock screen for CM7 in #17-20 does it show "discharging " when unplugged?

Anyone experience this?

Sent from my 2.3.2 Incredible