Cyanogenmod 7 or Ultimate Droid 3.0?

OP
B

bigsapz

For real? How long u say it lasts? I tested UD and CM and got an extra 4 hours with UD wit stock kernals. I had to flash Tiamat 2.2.1 just to get CM to last as long as UD...

sent from my 2.3.2 Incredible

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a quick note here. Please don't beat a dead horse. Discuss the differences in the ROMs without the past drama or the thread will be shut down.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't like threads like these because they will ALWAYS lead to arguments. You just need to try out the different Rom's and see what ones serve you best. Certain Rom's run differently on different phones so it's all really a matter of opinion. No one can truly state that one Rom is better than another. It's fine to think so but keep in mind all the other dev's out there work their butt's off too and it might be a bit offensive when you claim one Rom is way better than another. Just my two cents.

UNC

Reaction score
For real? How long u say it lasts? I tested UD and CM and got an extra 4 hours with UD wit stock kernals. I had to flash Tiamat 2.2.1 just to get CM to last as long as UD...

I'm using a D1 not an incredible. I get about 9 hrs of moderate use at 800mhz. I got about 6! with UD. Heavy use is terrible for both. Probably 5 vs 4 hrs.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
B

bigsapz

I don't like threads like these because they will ALWAYS lead to arguments. You just need to try out the different Rom's and see what ones serve you best. Certain Rom's run differently on different phones so it's all really a matter of opinion. No one can truly state that one Rom is better than another. It's fine to think so but keep in mind all the other dev's out there work their butt's off too and it might be a bit offensive when you claim one Rom is way better than another. Just my two cents.

While I def hear you, i don't care about personal preferences with the ROMs. I want to know what diff issues(errors) people are coming across with em.

OP
B

bigsapz

I'm using a D1 not an incredible. I get about 9 hrs of moderate use at 800mhz. I got about 6! with UD. Heavy use is terrible for both. Probably 5 vs 4 hrs.

Wow. That is horrible. I get 13 hours with stock UD 3.0 and 11 with CM7 using Tiamat. Thats wit moderate use @ 1ghz. Do u use a lot of widgets?

UNC

Reaction score
Its not horrible, I just use the phone a lot. Smartphone batteries aren't up to the challenge as of yet.

I imagine my definition of moderate use is a lot different than yours. Since this setup is the only smartphone I've ever used that could keep up at all with the life of the iPhone.

OP
B

bigsapz

Its not horrible, I just use the phone a lot. Smartphone batteries aren't up to the challenge as of yet.

I imagine my definition of moderate use is a lot different than yours. Since this setup is the only smartphone I've ever used that could keep up at all with the life of the iPhone.

No doubt! Smartphone batteries are garbage!

I dunno, I rarely put my phone down or even in my pocket. Wifey is always complaining. lol

My iphone def lasts longer then my inc but my inc does circles around my iphone in almost every other category.

Last edited by a moderator:

3PO

Reaction score
I've been using UD 3.0 since beta and it has been pretty good. They seemed to be further ahead on the Gingerbread goodness than any of the other developers. The UD RC 3.0 was released last week and I installed that too. It runs really well, and I'm loving the new features like the text selecting tool and the customizable buttons on the notification bar.

However, UD 3.0 had a few bugs though, like the camera not working and losing 3G after getting a phone call (fix was to go to airplane mode momentarily after each call then it would come back). This, plus some random reboots got to be enough of a problem that I went back to my Tang Themed Lithium Mod as my primary ROM.

Then a few days ago I found the CM 7 and had to try it. It's awesome! All the Gingerbread hotness but with a working camera and so far no random reboots. It's so good. CM has been a great ROM for me in the past, and the nightlies are fun to check out. I'm sticking with CM7 for a while and loving it so far!

3PO

Reaction score
I dunno, I rarely put my phone down or even in my pocket. Wifey is always complaining. lol

Ha.. love to hear I'm not the only one. The customized LED notifications in this new version at least let me know whether I have gmail, Exchange mail, text, missed call, etc. without having to even turn it oh. All I have to do is glance at it. This helps keep me from incurring the "put that $%&@ phone away" evil eye as much. :)

OP
B

bigsapz

Ha.. love to hear I'm not the only one. The customized LED notifications in this new version at least let me know whether I have gmail, Exchange mail, text, missed call, etc. without having to even turn it oh. All I have to do is glance at it. This helps keep me from incurring the "put that $%&@ phone away" evil eye as much. :)

That my friend is BRILLIANT. Less nagging is Good for business.

b-jammin21

Reaction score

While I def hear you, i don't care about personal preferences with the ROMs. I want to know what diff issues(errors) people are coming across with em.

I agree. I think that these type of threads are good if used in a civil manner. I believe that this thread was probably created so the OP could see the preferences of other users. I think that was the point, so there's no reason to say that "its just all a matter of preference and opinion" because we know. Every time I see a post that asks about what others' opinions are, I see a post like that. I don't think its necessary to bomb someones thread just because they want to know what others think.

I think that's exactly what the OP was looking for - users opinions. And some users look at these threads for error and bug reports. I realize that its best to try all of the roms to see which is best for you, but that doesn't mean that you can't ask the opinions of others...

As for me, I've been with UD for a while now. When I first rooted, I tried CM (don't remember which version) and it would always freeze my phone up. After that, I found UD and it has worked great for me, so I haven't cared to try anything else. However, since I rooted, roms have come a long way, so it might be time to give a few others a least a try. Either way, that's my 2 cents, but I do like UD.

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
PP

I agree. I think that these type of threads are good if used in a civil manner. I believe that this thread was probably created so the OP could see the preferences of other users. I think that was the point, so there's no reason to say that "its just all a matter of preference and opinion" because we know. Every time I see a post that asks about what others' opinions are, I see a post like that. I don't think its necessary to bomb someones thread just because they want to know what others think.

I think that's exactly what the OP was looking for - users opinions. And some users look at these threads for error and bug reports. I realize that its best to try all of the roms to see which is best for you, but that doesn't mean that you can't ask the opinions of others...

As for me, I've been with UD for a while now. When I first rooted, I tried CM (don't remember which version) and it would always freeze my phone up. After that, I found UD and it has worked great for me, so I haven't cared to try anything else. However, since I rooted, roms have come a long way, so it might be time to give a few others a least a try. Either way, that's my 2 cents, but I do like UD.

first off I wouldn't call it bombing a thread? Whatever that means anyway. People have proven time and time again that they can't leave the past behind which was exactly where this thread was heading before a Mod stepped in. I am entitled to my opinion as are you. There was no "thread-bombing" involved. I was just throwing my 2 cents around. If you felt disrespected by my post in someway, I apologize but it was just my opinion, no more no less. My only point was to make sure this thread doesn't get out of hand with the "this rom is better than..." rant. Mentioning bugs and stuff is fine.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
PP

first off I wouldn't call it bombing a thread? Whatever that means anyway. People have proven time and time again that they can't leave the past behind which was exactly where this thread was heading before a Mod stepped in. I am entitled to my opinion as are you. There was no "thread-bombing" involved. I was just throwing my 2 cents around. If you felt disrespected by my post in someway, I apologize but it was just my opinion, no more no less. My only point was to make sure this thread doesn't get out of hand with the "this rom is better than..." rant. Mentioning bugs and stuff is fine.

Understood. I probably chose the wrong words - guess I didn't mean "bombing the thread." And I'm not trying to rough any feathers here. I just simply meant to say that its tiring to see comments stating "its a matter of personal opinion and you need to try them all yourself." I think that we should be able to see what others opinions are before making our own without seeing "try it yourself." It almost seems to me that it is unwelcoming to seek out others opinions. I apologize if I upset you with my word choice - It was not my intention.

Also, thank you for regulating.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
PP

Understood. I probably chose the wrong words - guess I didn't mean "bombing the thread." And I'm not trying to rough any feathers here. I just simply meant to say that its tiring to see comments stating "its a matter of personal opinion and you need to try them all yourself." I think that we should be able to see what others opinions are before making our own without seeing "try it yourself." It almost seems to me that it is unwelcoming to seek out others opinions. I apologize if I upset you with my word choice - It was not my intention.

Also, thank you for regulating.

No worries, you didn't upset me. Just wanted to clarify myself a bit more so you didn't think I was the neighborhood bad guy, haha.