Cyanogen Mod Custom Boot Animation!!!

Luxferro

Reaction score
I just added it to my droid. I like it a lot. Thanks for sharing it :)

Droidee

Reaction score
Is there a way to install this through rom manager? I really can't this stuff working and I really want the large animation.

Droidee

Reaction score
I was just in a forum which indicates that instructions from the developers does not work if you have a Mac. Are the instructions for applying themes roms animations etc?

bitter

Reaction score
Droidee, look a few threads back, I posted the ADB commands.

Also, excellent work OP. I am super happy with this!

OP
cole20444

cole20444

Reaction score
I was just in a forum which indicates that instructions from the developers does not work if you have a Mac. Are the instructions for applying themes roms animations etc?

Hey man, I'll do this whole process on a mac tomorrow and see if I run into any problems. If I have time I'll create some screenshots our a video to help you.

allenmelon

Reaction score
is there supposed to be only one frame in the second part? cause i remember there were many frames in the second part in the original bootanimation.

OP
cole20444

cole20444

Reaction score
is there supposed to be only one frame in the second part? cause i remember there were many frames in the second part in the original bootanimation.

Yeah the second part originally had the spinning circular android and it glowed as the arrow spun. Unfortunately, to make the boot animation run as smoothly as possible, and be as small as possible, I had to take it out.

allenmelon

Reaction score

Yeah the second part originally had the spinning circular android and it glowed as the arrow spun. Unfortunately, to make the boot animation run as smoothly as possible, and be as small as possible, I had to take it out.

oh i see, well the first part is still awesome, and thanks for the cool bootanimation.
btw, super fast reply! thanks!

bacalao

Reaction score
Very awesome!!! Thanks a lot! It's too bad I hardly reboot! If only I had this on my old Storm which I used to reboot 1~2 times daily...

droidlayman

Reaction score
Do you just install zip from sd in cloclwork recovery. Cause that didn't work for me.

Just mount your droid to your PC and place the bootanimation.zip file at the root of your sdcard. Then using root explorer navigate to your sdcard, long press on the bootanimation.zip file until a popup menu appears. Select "Move" or "Copy". Once you select one, "Paste" and "Cancel" buttons will appear near the bottom of your screen. Now, press the back button to move to the root of your file system. Then navigate to data/local/ and then press "Paste". You'll be prompted to overwrite the existing bootanimation.zip. Press "OK". Then reboot.

There's also a way to do this through terminal emulator, but this is the simplest way.

You will get an overwrite existing bootannimation.zip ONLY if you have one already installed, otherwise, just paste, navigate using back button out of root exployer and reboot.

Thanks a ton for the animation.... I LIKE IT!!