Cyanogen Mod Custom Boot Animation!!!

Hexus

Reaction score
Do you just install zip from sd in cloclwork recovery. Cause that didn't work for me.

Just mount your droid to your PC and place the bootanimation.zip file at the root of your sdcard. Then using root explorer navigate to your sdcard, long press on the bootanimation.zip file until a popup menu appears. Select "Move" or "Copy". Once you select one, "Paste" and "Cancel" buttons will appear near the bottom of your screen. Now, press the back button to move to the root of your file system. Then navigate to data/local/ and then press "Paste". You'll be prompted to overwrite the existing bootanimation.zip. Press "OK". Then reboot.

There's also a way to do this through terminal emulator, but this is the simplest way.

i wasn't prompted to overwrite. it just pasted it in the data/local area....what do i do? :)

should be fine. I didn't have one in there either to overwrite and it's working for me.

bitter

Reaction score
I think that just means you were using the default animation.

sandfreak

Reaction score
you all are awesome thanks, got my first custom boot animation loaded up now.

does anybody have any ideas what's up with the phone when it re boots tho? it'll boot up show my lock screen then right after that it'll re boot again.

1up

Reaction score
THis is sweet! not only do i have a cyanogenmod lwp i now have a sweet cymod boot up haha...

OP
cole20444

cole20444

Reaction score
Do you think it'd be possible to make this thing full screen? I just love the animations.

I'll try to get you a fullscreen version later today. The images file size ends up being too big when I just resize the animation. I'm going to try to save all images as PNG-8 which should lower the file size.

BACAbone

Reaction score
Do you just install zip from sd in cloclwork recovery. Cause that didn't work for me.

Just mount your droid to your PC and place the bootanimation.zip file at the root of your sdcard. Then using root explorer navigate to your sdcard, long press on the bootanimation.zip file until a popup menu appears. Select "Move" or "Copy". Once you select one, "Paste" and "Cancel" buttons will appear near the bottom of your screen. Now, press the back button to move to the root of your file system. Then navigate to data/local/ and then press "Paste". You'll be prompted to overwrite the existing bootanimation.zip. Press "OK". Then reboot.

There's also a way to do this through terminal emulator, but this is the simplest way.

if anyone knows the terminal emulator way could u please post directions. thank you

bitter

Reaction score

if anyone knows the terminal emulator way could u please post directions. thank you

I posted it in a previous page in this thread. I'll just copy and paste it here for you though:

Download the file, put it into you Android/tools folder.

Go into adb

type
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

VIOLA

OP
cole20444

cole20444

Reaction score

here's a thread that tells you how to do it: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/12841-big-lous-boot-animation-tutorial-noobs.html

BACAbone

Reaction score
Thx guys. didnt really have tome to search thuroughly as im at work and they expect me to do something. i actually did it through root explorer just thought it would be handy to learn other methods.
thx again

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely install this when the fullscreen version is uploaded! Mmmm