Clearing Up Some Discussion

Renae

Reaction score
I'm waiting, but I wish I could just slip on delivery dates to my customer at work and not have any consequences. Heck, even better it would be awesome if we didn't even need to give our customer a delivery date....and just say..."coming this summer". Maybe I need to get out of defense electronics and into the consumer cell phone business....no deadlines, pretty sweet.

Regardless, I'm still waiting for this....but not very patiently. Once you start researching this and looking at all the rumors, you get seriously addicted and have to check for new information every 10 minutes and check vzw's website every day too. It's an unhealthy obsession....

tbssawd07

Reaction score
Bionic is coming, be patient. Things look promising? That is the same vague line that has been fed to people since April. At this point we might as well just wait for the Galaxy S2. Looks to have a better processor, screen and 1GB of ram.

Renae

Reaction score
Bionic is coming, be patient. Things look promising? That is the same vague line that has been fed to people since April. At this point we might as well just wait for the Galaxy S2. Looks to have a better processor, screen and 1GB of ram.

However most agree it's not going to be 4G, which for some (myself included) would be a dealbreaker...

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
What makes u think the sg2 wont be out before the Bionic engineer?

Personal opinion. I have reasons to believe that are far more reliable than anyone else at this point.

@ Engineer_900...I see you are avoiding my previous post about the phone you have listed! What gives?

I am not avoiding you. Read my previous posts and you'll get a good idea.

---

On a side note.. I guess it is worth mentioning that I did not mean to make it sound like the bionic is a terrible phone with "faulty" problems. I was just trying to elaborate on why phones do not get released the date companies project. Actuallly, Motorola is probably one of the best companies at preparing phones for VZW. It is very rare when a vendor releases a phone to VZW and it passes testing 1st time. Trust me when I said, "Bionic is coming, be patient. Things look promising."

I am not a troll. Mods and a few select members know who I am. I'm not here to cause problems. I am here to help, learn, and personal leisure. I would like to get a good grasp on how the community feels about certain things and at the same time plan to apply what I learn. There will be many who doubt my comments, but this does not matter to me. Take it or leave it, your not hurting my feelings.

If you take away anything from this community, I hope it's two things.

1. Unlocked Boot loaders make the majority of us happy in the pants (Don't say Verizon doesn't enforce locked boot loaders, either publicly deny Moto's allegations that Verizon does or change your policy)
2. Secrecy will Sink you, whilst Verizon customers tend to stay tied to Verizon, there are a bunch of people that will are clearly fed up with the curtain BS, don't flag the Bionic through the sky at CES, then shroud it in secrecy, that's just dumb as hell.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I'm waiting, but I wish I could just slip on delivery dates to my customer at work and not have any consequences. Heck, even better it would be awesome if we didn't even need to give our customer a delivery date....and just say..."coming this summer". Maybe I need to get out of defense electronics and into the consumer cell phone business....no deadlines, pretty sweet.

Regardless, I'm still waiting for this....but not very patiently. Once you start researching this and looking at all the rumors, you get seriously addicted and have to check for new information every 10 minutes and check vzw's website every day too. It's an unhealthy obsession....
It is very addicting

Nimazahir

Reaction score

It is very addicting
yup.........................

das2042

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I'm not picking up what this guy is laying down. I'm not calling you a liar but I would think if moto or vzw would throw someone in here to settle us down just being as vague as they are isn't helping. A release date or an update on the progress of this phone would be helping. It seems by the time the bionic gets released HTC is going to have a quad core phone capable of time travel being released two days after.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I'm not picking up what this guy is laying down. I'm not calling you a liar but I would think if moto or vzw would throw someone in here to settle us down just being as vague as they are isn't helping. A release date or an update on the progress of this phone would be helping. It seems by the time the bionic gets released HTC is going to have a quad core phone capable of time travel being released two days after.

Lmao true that

Tapped from 3D land!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

How did you know they did.. erm... are going to do that??

Sent from my HTC Phone from the future

Reaction score

However most agree it's not going to be 4G, which for some (myself included) would be a dealbreaker...

No one knows....its all speculation. The way I look at it is 50/50. It will either have LTE or it wont.

faganm24

Reaction score

I don't think that Engineer was sent here from the company. I think he is just an interested party like you are. He just happens to have a test unit. I, or course, know nothing, but that is my opinion.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Droid 3 is not 4G capable.

You're right... I don't know why my eyes were reading 4G and my brain was thinking Dual Core. haha!

Oh well... but hey, Samsung has 4g phones out there already... if the Galaxy SII releases around the time of the Bionic... again, which technology would you trust? Established 4G experience or a rookie player in the 4G world?

your brain is really failing you... ;) so far, every indication is that the GS2 will not be LTE.

I think that's up in the air still,.. still a possiblilty, but after seeing that Sprint is getting a version of the SGII with a 4G radio... it makes it hard to believe none of the other carriers would get it too... but who knows really? :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...es-way-through-fcc-sprint-wimax-4g-radio.html

anuraj1

Reaction score
You're right... I don't know why my eyes were reading 4G and my brain was thinking Dual Core. haha!

Oh well... but hey, Samsung has 4g phones out there already... if the Galaxy SII releases around the time of the Bionic... again, which technology would you trust? Established 4G experience or a rookie player in the 4G world?

your brain is really failing you... ;) so far, every indication is that the GS2 will not be LTE.

I think that's up in the air still,.. still a possiblilty, but after seeing that Sprint is getting a version of the SGII with a 4G radio... it makes it hard to believe none of the other carriers would get it too... but who knows really? :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...es-way-through-fcc-sprint-wimax-4g-radio.html

LTE requires a whole separate radio at this time, which is why LTE phones are generally pretty thick. If the SGSII is going to keep its svelte form factor, it probably won't have VZW 4g.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I don't think that Engineer was sent here from the company. I think he is just an interested party like you are. He just happens to have a test unit. I, or course, know nothing, but that is my opinion.

I also don't think he was sent. I asked as much in another thread. Unfortunately I think we all really hope the phone will come on August 4th. I've been ready to renew for a couple of weeks now. In reality, deep down, I think I know Aug 4th is just too soon given what we see out there.

OP
Engineer_900

Engineer_900

Reaction score
For those of you who doubt Motorola and talk bad on them, let me begin by re-elaborating. They know what they are doing. Unlike most companies they provide phones to VZW nearly flawless of any major issues. Motorola has a very good internal test team. Things continue to look great with the phone of discussion.

PS: iphone lovers may enjoy a certain "thing" about this phone