Clearing Up Some Discussion

Engineer_900

Reaction score
Just some thoughtful information to keep in mind....
  • Bionic is coming, be patient. Things look promising.
  • Aug 4th doubtful.
  • Vendors typically delay phone release dates because they don't meet their projected deadlines or provide VZW with faulty phones not ready for a release per VZW standards.
  • 4G is new technology. Everyone is learning and phone manufactors are lagging behind in the learning process.
  • Don't forget... this is Motorola's first 4G phone on VZW and they usually delivery quality products.
  • VZW does not make many phones. They just sell and provide service.... release dates rely alot on vendors.
  • I don't think VZW will release an "official release date" until next week (at the earliest).
Hope this helps.
ps: sg2 before bionic?.. think again.

edit: The complaints and hate on this forum all over a phone sickens me. Anyways something hopefully more appealing for folks to talk about....

Last edited:

doomsdalicious

Reaction score
  • Aug 4th doubtful.
  • Vendors typically delay phone release dates because they don't meet their projected deadlines or provide VZW with faulty phones not ready for a release per VZW standards.
  • 4G is new technology. Everyone is learning and phone manufactors are lagging behind in the learning process.
  • Don't forget... this is Motorola's first 4G phone on VZW and they usually delivery quality products.
  • VZW does not make many phones. They just sell and provide service.... release dates rely alot on vendors.
  • I don't think VZW will release an "official release date" until next week (at the earliest).
Hope this helps.

I think you are on to something here... When you say sg2 before bionic, do you mean that you think bionic will be released first? Or are you saying you think the bionic will be the superior phone?

Jcassell1

Reaction score
@Engineer_900...Why does your Phone say Droid Bionic. Are you sporting one at this moment or just wishful thinking???

Last edited:
Reaction score
CPU and Ram. Everything else means nothing to me. If it can't compete with the SGS II hardware wise, it looses.

OP
Engineer_900

Engineer_900

Reaction score
  • Aug 4th doubtful.
Hope this helps.

I think you are on to something here... When you say sg2 before bionic, do you mean that you think bionic will be released first? Or are you saying you think the bionic will be the superior phone?

I can't really speak much on the sg2. I was refering to release... This is what I think, but nothing is 100% until VZW confirms it.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score

"It's coming"... Really wish verizon would quit flogging the dead horse with that line.

Comforting

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Joshison

Reaction score
What makes u think the sg2 wont be out before the Bionic engineer?

Last edited:

Jcassell1

Reaction score
@ Engineer_900...I see you are avoiding my previous post about the phone you have listed! What gives?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Come on guys... read his post history... put some thought into it... there are some things he can't just come out and say...

Or he is a good troll

OP
Engineer_900

Engineer_900

Reaction score
What makes u think the sg2 wont be out before the Bionic engineer?

Personal opinion. I have reasons to believe that are far more reliable than anyone else at this point.

@ Engineer_900...I see you are avoiding my previous post about the phone you have listed! What gives?

I am not avoiding you. Read my previous posts and you'll get a good idea.

---

On a side note.. I guess it is worth mentioning that I did not mean to make it sound like the bionic is a terrible phone with "faulty" problems. I was just trying to elaborate on why phones do not get released the date companies project. Actuallly, Motorola is probably one of the best companies at preparing phones for VZW. It is very rare when a vendor releases a phone to VZW and it passes testing 1st time. Trust me when I said, "Bionic is coming, be patient. Things look promising."

I am not a troll. Mods and a few select members know who I am. I'm not here to cause problems. I am here to help, learn, and personal leisure. I would like to get a good grasp on how the community feels about certain things and at the same time plan to apply what I learn. There will be many who doubt my comments, but this does not matter to me. Take it or leave it, your not hurting my feelings.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced the Bionic is Verizon's version of the Atrix and Photon - with a different (better?) processor (omap vs tegra), 1080p camera instead of 720p ("meh" on a phone), and slightly larger screen (though still the pentile b.s.). Therefore I'm convinced this will be somewhat of a letdown when it's released, for those in the know - i.e. those on these forums. For the general public that doesn't know any better, and most of Verizon's customers, VZW will market this thing as the greatest phone since sliced bread.

Not that it won't be a great phone, but I think the delays have caused it to be way over-hyped...

Two thoughts that you may or may not be able to respond to Engineer_900:
  • First, if this thing doesn't have, at least, Moto's 1850 mah battery in it, it's going to suffer the same fate as other 4G phones, or at least not be any better
  • Since you have a prototype, and understanding it's still a prototype, is there anything you can say to debunk the idea this phone is a slightly improved, but over-hyped Atrix/Photon?

dlo-htown

Reaction score
  • Aug 4th doubtful.
Hope this helps.

Wait... Wut??? Did he just say that the Bionic is the 1st Moto 4G phone? Isn't the Droid3 a Moto 4G phone?

Motorola has been hoping we would think things look promising since the spring time. Motorola is just dropping the ball on the Bionic. Plain and simple.

The Dinara (even more badass than the Bionic) is supposed to be out around the holidays... I know, I know, it may slip as well... but why would any sensible person - unless they had jackwads of cash to throw around - buy a Bionic when something better is coming out in mere months??

The Bionic is going to be obsolete the minute it hits the floor practically.

faganm24

Reaction score
  • Aug 4th doubtful.
Hope this helps.

Wait... Wut??? Did he just say that the Bionic is the 1st Moto 4G phone? Isn't the Droid3 a Moto 4G phone?

Motorola has been hoping we would think things look promising since the spring time. Motorola is just dropping the ball on the Bionic. Plain and simple.

The Dinara (even more badass than the Bionic) is supposed to be out around the holidays... I know, I know, it may slip as well... but why would any sensible person - unless they had jackwads of cash to throw around - buy a Bionic when something better is coming out in mere months??

The Bionic is going to be obsolete the minute it hits the floor practically.

Droid 3 is not 4G capable.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Come on guys... read his post history... put some thought into it... there are some things he can't just come out and say...

Or he is a good troll

Doubtful on the troll part, and there are things he did already say elsewhere in posts on this forum.

Think of it this way...while the phone has not been released to the public some folks must have been using them, testing them, and have signed NDA's. Those folks get to list that phone as the their "current phone". Hopefully we aren't far behind them.

I for one am glad he cleared up the Bionic is not a crappy phone full of faults. You all know how these rumors get started:)

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
I have been eyeing this phone from its origin. I am not one to take to heart the ramblings on the internet but take them as entertainment value. When it is released I will : wait for hands on reviews of developers ( I trust), test in store units and compare the final product against what is important to me . Then make an informed decision if this is truly the phone I seek. If not, "I'm on to the next one" ;p

Das one hella Bamf ta knock the 3 sense in ya!