Clearing Up Some Discussion

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
i just like that teh enginerr guy said he wsa here to get feedback and see what people thought.(or something along those lines) so this must mean no motoblur right?
Sorry but the specs of this bionic(barring some surprise) just arent worthy of a 2 year upgrade in september. in may like it was suppose ot be out yeah. the excitment of the cancel of the true original bionic was targa was gonna be the new one but this doesnt meet anywhere near the rumored specs of the targa. and seem approx comparable to whats already been released and were talking another month + .
I am waiting for verizons next great phhone than ill sell this pos g2x and get back to work on verizon. but the bionic as speced at this time aint it.
Im sure the hardware will be great and the phone will run well. i do believe motorola make the best hardware from what i have seen. But with the droid they were bleeding edge and havent been since. and the bionic is again not anything to get excited about . it may be the first 4g duel core on verizon. but will be outdated in 2-3 months.
In febuary i was exciteded about the bionic.. not any longer.
But who knows might be some surprise spec that makes it great.
p.s. calling and browsing web at the same time aint it.

das2042

Reaction score
Hey engineer, question for ya. Reading some forums on the photon people are really not digging that screen. So that thing you said iPhone users are gonna love about the bionic, is it going to be the screen? Because we know you can't get into detail can you just hint at it. I went today to look at the photon myself and it is very pixelated. Please tell us its the screen.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a question tooo.....

if you are engineer at moto can you leak me an sbf for the D3 ;)

that was honest question....not smart ars.

I hope the Bionic isn't a let down. I am not getting one, I don't think, but would hate to see a "flagship" sink like the Titanic

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey engineer, question for ya. Reading some forums on the photon people are really not digging that screen. So that thing you said iPhone users are gonna love about the bionic, is it going to be the screen? Because we know you can't get into detail can you just hint at it. I went today to look at the photon myself and it is very pixelated. Please tell us its the screen.

that's the pentile screen that all the newest Moto phones have, starting with the Atrix (including DX2, D3, Photon, likely Bionic)... great resolution, great brightness, poor color and gradient management... supposedly easier on battery - supposedly.

I'm 99% sure the Bionic will have that same screen, based on everything else Moto is doing, plus leaked info to date. Sometimes it looks good, sometimes it looks horrible...

Reaction score

I really hope the Droid's screen surprises us but it sounds like it will have the same screen as the Droid 3. I m using an Iphone4 right now, and I will say the screen is phenomenal......who knows, we will see I guess.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I went and checked out the D3 yesterday and I did not like the screen. The colors looked faded and there was some noticeable lag.

It also felt weird with it's 'sharp' edges instead of beveled like the original droid.

Here's to hoping the Bionic comes out early in September and it's screen looks good.

bigdad63

Reaction score
It seems that if there was some new big higher resolution screen, we would have heard about it. Or at least heard about the manufacturing of this screen or some new supplier for Motorola.

OP
Engineer_900

Engineer_900

Reaction score
I'm thinking the Bionic will either come with 2 batteries or have a optional upgraded battery.

~2700mAH is alot of juice haha.

OP
Engineer_900

Engineer_900

Reaction score
ugh before any rumors start up... not screen related to iphone. I am pretty sure jntdroid is correct about the screen thing. However I did say there was some "thing" iphone lovers might like that is hardware related more than anything.

Personally I find nothing attractive about the iphones and I have no complaints about the relationship these 2 phones share.

thedead04

Reaction score
So battery life is not what Bionic has in common with iPhone? At least not what you were referring to I take it.

Hmm, I'm really starting to wonder what that could be.

OP
Engineer_900

Engineer_900

Reaction score
I actually gave some insightful hints and tips to the exact hardware i was referring to. No one really caught on or got the puzzle so i removed the information to the puzzle. However someone who knows apple hardware very well would have knew right away. Anyways battery life is better than all other 4g phones so im not complaining.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thedead04

Reaction score
Thanks Engineer! But I must confess my ignorance when it comes to iPhone hardware. O well, thanks for your insight. I'll just have to wait, not too much longer now I hope.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
ugh before any rumors start up... not screen related to iphone. I am pretty sure jntdroid is correct about the screen thing. However I did say there was some "thing" iphone lovers might like that is hardware related more than anything.

Personally I find nothing attractive about the iphones and I have no complaints about the relationship these 2 phones share.

You must be speaking generally, iphone users generally don't know any advanced hardware specs, if I were a betting man, your referring to the similarities in battery life, jack locations, and button locations.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

OP
Engineer_900

Engineer_900

Reaction score

You must be speaking generally, iphone users generally don't know any advanced hardware specs, if I were a betting man, your referring to the similarities in battery life, jack locations, and button locations.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

I should have asked for someone with advance knowledge on iphone hardware..... oh well

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums