Clearing Up Some Discussion

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Engineer_900, Jul 27, 2011.

1. das2042

das2042 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm sorry but I'm not picking up what this guy is laying down. I'm not calling you a liar but I would think if moto or vzw would throw someone in here to settle us down just being as vague as they are isn't helping. A release date or an update on the progress of this phone would be helping. It seems by the time the bionic gets released HTC is going to have a quad core phone capable of time travel being released two days after.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. gflam

gflam Developer
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Lmao true that

Tapped from 3D land!

3. Trusstopher

Trusstopher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +84

How did you know they did.. erm... are going to do that??

Sent from my HTC Phone from the future

4. NittanyLion4life

Ratings:
    +0
    No one knows....its all speculation. The way I look at it is 50/50. It will either have LTE or it wont.

5. faganm24

faganm24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think that Engineer was sent here from the company. I think he is just an interested party like you are. He just happens to have a test unit. I, or course, know nothing, but that is my opinion.

6. dlo-htown

dlo-htown Member

Ratings:
    +4

I think that's up in the air still,.. still a possiblilty, but after seeing that Sprint is getting a version of the SGII with a 4G radio... it makes it hard to believe none of the other carriers would get it too... but who knows really? :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...es-way-through-fcc-sprint-wimax-4g-radio.html

7. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LTE requires a whole separate radio at this time, which is why LTE phones are generally pretty thick. If the SGSII is going to keep its svelte form factor, it probably won't have VZW 4g.

8. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    I also don't think he was sent. I asked as much in another thread. Unfortunately I think we all really hope the phone will come on August 4th. I've been ready to renew for a couple of weeks now. In reality, deep down, I think I know Aug 4th is just too soon given what we see out there.

9. Engineer_900

Engineer_900 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For those of you who doubt Motorola and talk bad on them, let me begin by re-elaborating. They know what they are doing. Unlike most companies they provide phones to VZW nearly flawless of any major issues. Motorola has a very good internal test team. Things continue to look great with the phone of discussion.

PS: iphone lovers may enjoy a certain "thing" about this phone

10. GBH2

GBH2 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You are scaring me now! lol. Whenever companies try to emulate Apple they always pick the BAD stuff about Apple - e.g. closed system. non-removable batteries, iTunes.

If companies tried to match Apples solid hardware and smoothness and leave all the other apple crap out they might just have a winner! :)

Seriously though, I am a big Motorola fan, as long as they deliver a solid device as far as quality and performance they will have a huge hit on their hands! :) ( ... and unlock the bootloaders!)

#46 GBH2, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  11. Trusstopher

Trusstopher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +84
    About the only thing I would love from the iphone is display.. in both quality and amount of the face it occupies (i.e. no large gap between edge of screen and edge of phone). I doubt either of those are making it to this phone, so I'm not sure how to feel about this...

12. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    I'm 99.9% sure this phone will have the same pentile 960x540 qhd resolution screen that the DX2 and D3 have. While the resolution is high, and some things look nicer, pentile has poor color/pixel management. To quote this article on Droid Life:

"I think the real story here is that “qHD” is another of this year’s marketing gimmicks by Motorola to brag about a higher resolution screen to compete with you-know-who, when it’s pretty obvious here that they are cutting a corner to make those dual-core processors last more than 3 hours without having to increase the price of their phones."

And fwiw, I'm not trying to bash Moto - I love Moto and they put out great phones. Just sharing some facts to, hopefully, keep the hype in check.

Search tags for this page
flings vvsabvv

motorola photon pixelation

vvsabvv cam