Changing boot animation

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the link for changing it I'll have to update boot randimations to include this info

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Well, we fixed the issue, and it had nothing to do with referencing the MP3 file in the desc.txt. I think it was just a matter of the desc.txt parameters being incorrect. I do have a nice Boot animation (it's one that I took from the Lightning ROM 3.1 by dhemke17) and I took the intro to "Angel's Son" by Sevendust and made it short and it is my current sound. I am running Lightning ROM 3.2 and the coolest part is that the MP3 boot sound will only play as loud as my Ringer Volume is (so if I have my phone on vibrate and reboot, you get no sound... if the volume is at 100% and you reboot, the sound plays at full volume).

I may tinker around this weekend and see if I can create my own custom boot animations/sound combos and list them here.

kerrdj

Reaction score
kazuma, i cant get anything but stock to work. ive tried yours, mine, any others i could find posted

kazuma

Reaction score
kazuma, i cant get anything but stock to work. ive tried yours, mine, any others i could find posted

Ok let's do a quick step by step. What Rom u on?

HTC Thunderbolt
Das BAMF 1.4

kazuma

Reaction score
I may tinker around this weekend and see if I can create my own custom boot animations/sound combos and list them here.

Sweet! Creating the gifs have been my biggest obstical. Not many quick easy ways for it

HTC Thunderbolt
Das BAMF 1.4

Reaction score

Sweet! Creating the gifs have been my biggest obstical. Not many quick easy ways for it

First I use a free Screen Capture program to capture a video I want to take.

Then, a program called "FastVideoIndexer" that takes a movie file of your choice and will grab a series of frames at special intervals of time and make your picture files from that.

I also use a program called "File Boss" that lets you rename a bunch of files all at once and will even do sequential numbering on those files.

If I could find a program that would edit a bunch of images at once (to resize all pictures), then that would make this process a ton easier.

What is the "recommended" dimensions of the TBolt's boot animation?