Changing boot animation

kerrdj

Reaction score
i played with it some more and i can get it to work. it started out WAY too fast. i edited the txt document but its still choppy/weird. anyone that is good with those things wanna give it a shot?

Ryukashin

Reaction score
i played with it some more and i can get it to work. it started out WAY too fast. i edited the txt document but its still choppy/weird. anyone that is good with those things wanna give it a shot?

I'm not to good at this stuff but when I was trying to change mine I noticed the txt docs were usually almost identical, maybe try making copy of your boot and load the text file or copy the value of a text file from another boot animation.

kazuma

Reaction score
Great directions in the OP.

I have changed the bootanimation and downanimation both to customs from the UOT kitchen. Didn't flash. Just extracted from the zip and replaced with root explorer. Custom mp3 as well.

So tried unzipping with Rootexplorer and replaced the HTC pic with a custom, but renamed exactly The same. Rezipped, placed in proper place, changed permissions, rebooted, restart....... Nothing :(

I'm afraid that unzipping may be the cause. Backtracked my steps and see that once unzipped all file permissions change, and going threw one by one is senseless, once zipped back up u can't change unless extracted...

Id like to make some custom ones....

Please help!!

HTC thunderbolt
Das bamf 1.3.2
Gingerbread theme...

Ryukashin

Reaction score
Great directions in the OP.

I have changed the bootanimation and downanimation both to customs from the UOT kitchen. Didn't flash. Just extracted from the zip and replaced with root explorer. Custom mp3 as well.

So tried unzipping with Rootexplorer and replaced the HTC pic with a custom, but renamed exactly The same. Rezipped, placed in proper place, changed permissions, rebooted, restart....... Nothing :(

I'm afraid that unzipping may be the cause. Backtracked my steps and see that once unzipped all file permissions change, and going threw one by one is senseless, once zipped back up u can't change unless extracted...

Id like to make some custom ones....

Please help!!

HTC thunderbolt
Das bamf 1.3.2
Gingerbread theme...

look at my link a few posts up, it was the only thing that worked for me to change the animation, because UOT doesn't put it in the right place.

kazuma

Reaction score
Solved. 7zip. File compression on the Droid locks the file. Boot won't read because it has to unzipping,
Place, read, bla bla (its lazy right lol) compression store, opens right up!

I'll upload the zombie bootloader later!!

Maybe a few more...

HTC Thunderbolt
Das BAMF 1.3.2
Honeycomb Theme

Last edited:
Reaction score
I made my own custom MP3 sound and renamed the original one to *.old and copied the new file with the same exact name, same folder and it didn't work. I get no sound at all. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong? (I renamed the original file and moved my file using Root Explorer with R/W turned on. Also, I can play my file in the Music app with no issue.)

Ryukashin

Reaction score
I made my own custom MP3 sound and renamed the original one to *.old and copied the new file with the same exact name, same folder and it didn't work. I get no sound at all. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong? (I renamed the original file and moved my file using Root Explorer with R/W turned on. Also, I can play my file in the Music app with no issue.)

the bootanimation.zip needs to reference the mp3 file when it runs. I don't know how to do this, but try looking in the old bootanimation's files for the reference.

kazuma

Reaction score
Make sure permissions are correct (via long press on file) and exact file name of original

HTC Thunderbolt
Das BAMF 1.4

Reaction score
Everything with my custom file is correct: Filename, permissions, and I even tried changing the desc.txt to add a line about the sound, which made no difference. I am using Lightning Rom 2.1.1

kerrdj

Reaction score
i still havent gotten anything to work. even kazuma's animations... i dont know what to try next

Reaction score
mwa ha ha ha

just goofin around.slipknots good, zombies good, other 2 are goofs, they work but need tweaks just thought id share lol!

(no credits)

download, unzip, copy, paist, fix permissions, reboot and roll!

View attachment 30871

View attachment 30872

View attachment 30873

View attachment 30874

Hey, I am trying to fix the custom boot animation for Lightening ROM. I love the animation, but it isn't playing the audio (not sure if it has to do with a bad desc.txt file, or something else). No matter what, I cannot seem to get any sound with the animation, even the stock Thunderbolt boot sound doesn't work. I could recompile the boot animation zip, but for some reason when I do so (save the Zip without compression) the boot animation fails to work at all.

If I email you the files (png files and the MP3 I want to use) can you take a look and get it working?

kazuma

Reaction score
mwa ha ha ha

just goofin around.slipknots good, zombies good, other 2 are goofs, they work but need tweaks just thought id share lol!

(no credits)

download, unzip, copy, paist, fix permissions, reboot and roll!

View attachment 30871

View attachment 30872

View attachment 30873

View attachment 30874

Hey, I am trying to fix the custom boot animation for Lightening ROM. I love the animation, but it isn't playing the audio (not sure if it has to do with a bad desc.txt file, or something else). No matter what, I cannot seem to get any sound with the animation, even the stock Thunderbolt boot sound doesn't work. I could recompile the boot animation zip, but for some reason when I do so (save the Zip without compression) the boot animation fails to work at all.

If I email you the files (png files and the MP3 I want to use) can you take a look and get it working?

Hope I helped! I gotta turn in for tonight. Re send me your new zip file and ill dig in to it tomorrow..... Well later today anyway lol

HTC Thunderbolt
Das BAMF 1.4