Changing the boot animation on LGB v0.8

billyfj

Reaction score
I am on LGB v0.8 on a Droid X and I wanted to know if you can change the boot animation? I found a sick animation of the droid flaming the Apple and I cannot figure out how to get it to change correctly. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I have tried the animation changer in the toolbox and it says error no animation found. Thanks in advance

falseprofits

Reaction score
I am on LGB v0.8 on a Droid X and I wanted to know if you can change the boot animation? I found a sick animation of the droid flaming the Apple and I cannot figure out how to get it to change correctly. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I have tried the animation changer in the toolbox and it says error no animation found. Thanks in advance

Yeah, boot animation changer has not been working for me since GB - the boot animation used to be in /system/media, though since GB it's been changed to /data/local. Inside there you'll find a file called bootanimation.zip.

You'll need a root file system browser (I use one called Absolute System, and I've been using that one for a while).

1. Download your boot animation to somewhere on your SD card. Make a note of where.
2. Open up a root file browser and browse to /sdcard/where ever you put your boot animation. Copy it to clipboard.
3. Move back to /data/local and paste it in there. Set permissions to what the current bootanimation.zip are.
4. Rename bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.old, or oldbootanimation.zip, or something other than bootanimation.zip.
5. Rename your boot animation to bootanimation.zip
6. Reboot and you should be good.

OP
billyfj

billyfj

Reaction score
I finally figured it out. I had to take off the .zip off the file name because it was showing up as .zip.zip for some reason. Thanks