cant remove apps

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
trying to go to /system/app to remove the geniewidget (which is this aggravating ass news widget that keeps making my phone try to connect)

but when i go there, i type

cd system/app
rm GenieWidget.apk

and i get back

rm failed for GenieWidget.apk read only file system

OH WTF.....so adb wouldnt do it, but titanium backup did it with no problem!!! how is that possible? i couldnt delete it from the terminal on the phone or adb

all my files in that folder are like that!! (all the apps) what gives? am i doing something wrong

Last edited:
OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
...whew..i really just scare myself. if you select usb transfer mode, leave it pluged in and reboot the phone, it stops at the boot loader. unplug it and it boots like normal. lol.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
trying to go to /system/app to remove the geniewidget (which is this aggravating ass news widget that keeps making my phone try to connect)

but when i go there, i type

cd system/app
rm GenieWidget.apk

and i get back

rm failed for GenieWidget.apk read only file system

OH WTF.....so adb wouldnt do it, but titanium backup did it with no problem!!! how is that possible? i couldnt delete it from the terminal on the phone or adb

all my files in that folder are like that!! (all the apps) what gives? am i doing something wrong

because you werent using the right adb commands. TIbackup can do this because it already has access

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
LOL...omg..i think i jacked something.

now i get

system/bin/rm: not found

and yes i followed that guide the other day, and now its not working

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well i dont use adb that much i have titanium and root explorer to do those things.

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
understood...i think something on my phone has locked me out..i dont understand why though. im gonna shut down titanium on the phone and try it

nope..that didnt work

Last edited:
OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
something is up with my bootup to...if i have the usb cable pluged in, it goes to the bootloader screen...i dont have a cameral to take a screen shot, but it says

bootloader 29.01
ok to progam
usb connected..

and something else, but i 4got

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
understood...i think something on my phone has locked me out..i dont understand why though. im gonna shut down titanium on the phone and try it

nope..that didnt work

something is up with my bootup to...if i have the usb cable pluged in, it goes to the bootloader screen...i dont have a cameral to take a screen shot, but it says

bootloader 29.01
ok to progam
usb connected..

and something else, but i 4got

youre just confusing me now. what are you trying to do? and why are you in the bootloader?

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
im not going there on purpose!! lol it went there when i rebooted the phone! i dont know why.

if i unplug the cable, it boots like normal!!! i dont know WHAT is going on..

i guess right now i have the option of going back to stock or going to 2.2....any suggestions? lol i need to start over anyways.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
fresh install.. link one option one to install RSD and then read this for the Droid X
Droid X

and paid apps are tied to your gmail account.. just sign in with it and theyll be there

mwm523

Reaction score
and CRAP...what about all my paid apps!!!!!!

What about them? If you bought them in the market, the market will remember that you bought them and allow you to download them again. If you bought them outside the market then you should have emails with unlock codes or whatever.