Unrooting the droidx

jakemerrell

Reaction score
Could you simply remove the files with Astro file manager?
For some reason when I am in adb and try to remove the Superuser.apk it says that it is a "Read-only file system"

rcklss1

Reaction score
Hey guys been a while since ive been on... been even longer since ive had a rooted phone... anyway i rooted my x and deleted some of the bloatware... i did not rename them just deleted... I know i can download all the original apks from a link i saw here if i need to but do i have to unroot when the 2.2 update drops or will that remove root like it did on my past Droid?? also do i have to have the bloatware on there for the update or am i ok with them being deleted??? thanks in advance guys

ryanc2

Reaction score
Could you simply remove the files with Astro file manager?
For some reason when I am in adb and try to remove the Superuser.apk it says that it is a "Read-only file system"

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/mtd/mtdblock4 /system

Then you can remove it.

rcklss1

Reaction score
i tried the last post as i was getting read only error too... terminal emulator keeps saying mount not permitted... I rooted using adb shell.. I saw a post on how to root without using adb hoping i could reverse it from the phone as im on the road right now.. is this why its not working for me?? thanks in advance

iojk9999

Reaction score
is it safe to update to 2.2 (when it comes out) with a rooted 2.1? (bloatware still in tact)

prowakeskater

Reaction score
is it safe to update to 2.2 (when it comes out) with a rooted 2.1? (bloatware still in tact)

I am wondering this too. So far trying to update has been unsuccessful, but I have not reactivated the bloatware, so im gonna start there...

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

I am wondering this too. So far trying to update has been unsuccessful, but I have not reactivated the bloatware, so im gonna start there...

I am also wondering this

yes
&
Yes

Just make sure you put all the bloat back on. If you were themed, best bet is to SBF to 2.1 stock then OTA 2.2.

You will lose root when upgrading to 2.2 go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/82584-droid-2-root-dx-ota-2-2-a.html to get it back.

jbusiness77

Reaction score
So i rooted my DX and i think its a little off now. When i navigate from screen to screen the app list button as well as the phone and contacts buttons do not move down as they should. Some of my apps don't work anymore as well. Any advice as to how i can fix this?

PeacemakerDawg

Reaction score
jasonx9 said:
IM afraid I will brick my phone if I do this stuff

To be honest, it's completely your choice of whatever you're about to do. No one can persuade or force you into following these instructions.