2.2.6 Froyo Deodexed and Themed

Reaction score
If you already have a rooted 2.2 running on your Droid X, use this nandroid and restore in ClockWork Recovery. After restore, you need to go into settings/privacy and do a factory reset. The reboot will take a while. Reactivate your phone by selecting option (1) at the prompt and sign back into Google and you will be good to go. DO NOT FACTORY RESET IN RECOVERY! ONLY USE PRIVACY SETTINGS FACTORY RESET!

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: 2010-08-24.09.08.31.zip

When you installed this file, did it take FOREVER and seem to hang on the status bar under "Installing Update..." ?

20 minutes and status bar still shows nothing... Normal?

cgrimm9

Reaction score
If you already have a rooted 2.2 running on your Droid X, use this nandroid and restore in ClockWork Recovery. After restore, you need to go into settings/privacy and do a factory reset. The reboot will take a while. Reactivate your phone by selecting option (1) at the prompt and sign back into Google and you will be good to go. DO NOT FACTORY RESET IN RECOVERY! ONLY USE PRIVACY SETTINGS FACTORY RESET!

When you installed this file, did it take FOREVER and seem to hang on the status bar under "Installing Update..." ?

I downloaded the file and compared it to my backup and I chose to not install it do to there where 4 files in the back up folder and in my nand backup I only recieved 2 I am suspisios.

hacku

Reaction score

I downloaded the file and compared it to my backup and I chose to not install it do to there where 4 files in the back up folder and in my nand backup I only recieved 2 I am suspisios.

What are the names of the files you found in your backup folder?

tobytl

Reaction score
Just a heads up, I effectively lost root after doing the adb steps above... The superuser.apk that's included is the "classic" superuser.apk, and I can't get it to actually allow anything, nor can I delete it and install ChainsDD's version as I can't get root to actually delete the file from /system/app....

Yay, SBF time. No Biggie, be fully back up and running in 20 minutes.

Reaction score
What are the names of the files you found in your backup folder?

Just a folder containing 4 files (the folder is the date and timestamp.) the files are cache.img, data.img, nandroid.md5 and system.img.

It never went anywhere, so I did a battery pull and used the ADB method... all good now.

joeymoose

Reaction score
Got a error, Can't mount dev/block/etc.... Any help? I went to advanced and tried to mount sdcard and it would not allow me to....

InfamousDX

Reaction score
Great job and thanks, teenfaces! This is my first droid so this is all new but you made it very easy to understand and follow.

Only thing I noticed was after my first boot after changing everything, LauncherPro was Force Closing for a while and I lost some icons on my home screens. Other than that, it's workin great!

Seano

Reaction score
did this via nandroid backup method. the only issue i had was it was trying to sync for over an hour and nothing was happening.

i followed the steps correctly. did the backup and then factory reset from the privacy menu.

dfitz

Reaction score
When you pull down the notification bar, the color behind the date isn't the same as the rest of the bar....I'm editing the framework-res.apk anyhow but just wanted to let you know.

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Do you think it's possible to make modify Koush's Froyo update file with the deodexed framework and app folders, remove the scripts that update the bootloader, kernel, etc, and basically just end up with a stock Froyo, deodexed ROM?

I'll look into this more tomorrow when I get home (currently visiting my parents in KY).

ebidar

Reaction score
Question, I noticed that after I did the nandroid restore with deodexed version, I lost haptic feedback, I have the option and its clicked but no feedback, anyone else have this happen to them, any suggestions?

Edit 1: Noticing that other options in that same menu are not responding either to what I set them at. I am also disabling the sound notification of when it connects to computer(sd notifications) and it is not disabling it. Anyone else having these issue?
Edit 2: so I noticed that I do have haptic feedback, just not on typing which I was used to. I don't know if that's a change in 2.2 or if something is wrong. Whats weird is I had it on 2.2 before i did the nandroid so idk. Lol any thoughts?

nerdstaz

Reaction score
I installed this and everything seems fine. Thanks!

I just had a question, can the text color be changed on the notification bar? clock is white, but incoming notifications and the date are black.

Thanks!

tobytl

Reaction score
Edit 1: Noticing that other options in that same menu are not responding either to what I set them at. I am also disabling the sound notification of when it connects to computer(sd notifications) and it is not disabling it. Anyone else having these issue?
Edit 2: so I noticed that I do have haptic feedback, just not on typing which I was used to. I don't know if that's a change in 2.2 or if something is wrong. Whats weird is I had it on 2.2 before i did the nandroid so idk. Lol any thoughts?

I did the adb steps, so that's why my settings may have been different upon reboot than yours, but mine are fine. The settings in that menu function as per normal, except that the menu click noises are extremely quite (no idea if that's normal, both of my DX's are now on 2.2 deodex, don't care about it enough to flash back.

The keyboard feedback options are in a different menu. Settings->Language & Keyboard->MultiTouch Keyboard Options OR Swype Options. There you can set Vibrate on Keypress and Sound on Keypress/Audio Feedback.

CastorTroy

Reaction score
when i try to restore in clockwork it says md5 checksum mismatch. any thoughts?