Droid 2 Root for DX OTA 2.2...

System13

Reaction score
System,

When I run the test I get the same thing (I'm fully deodexed), which should mean that you are as well! I would recommend not installing roms over the OTA update, a lot of people have done it, but with my experience in the past of having to flash back after a ROM started glitching, I opted to just remove the bloat myself and install a theme.

how would i go by installing the bigDXserenity theme now that in rooted and deodexed? i have bootstraper already and rom manager

OP
Soupy McD

Soupy McD

Reaction score
System,

When I run the test I get the same thing (I'm fully deodexed), which should mean that you are as well! I would recommend not installing roms over the OTA update, a lot of people have done it, but with my experience in the past of having to flash back after a ROM started glitching, I opted to just remove the bloat myself and install a theme.

how would i go by installing the bigDXserenity theme now that in rooted and deodexed? i have bootstraper already and rom manager

Place the .zip file for the install on your sdcard, boot into recovery, choose to install custom zip from sdcard, find the zip, and install! It should be a pretty fast install. Reboot after it's done and you should be themed!

chops

Reaction score
getting really frustarated i see the superuser guy in my menu but i can not access root explorer it keeps saying to restart app to gain root access

tournapart

Reaction score
i ve tried this method after getting the OTA, but i get stuck at step12, it never returns to c:/droid2root, how long do i have to wait? it just returns to $ , do i have to wait longer? am i just being impatient? any help would be awesome.

I ran into the same issue. With me I just let it sit and after like 2 minutes it finally kicked out. Be patient, it will go, it took me a couple of tries before I just said eff it and let it sit and it kicked out