Can i get a phone thats the size of a phone!!!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sammie could be on to something with a bit of a curve to the phone so it doesn't feel like you're holding a shingle up to your ear to talk.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
You either didn't read or didn't comprehend the OP.

sure did and the only phones that are what he would consider a normal size are basic or dumbphones.... android is all about combining a phone/gaming system/music player/web browser... who's gonna do any of that on a small screen... try a low end phone but prepare to have an obsolete phone as soon as u get it like the eris

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

busab

Reaction score
I guess I am the only one who agrees with the OP. I want a smaller powerful phone (and not the Iphone). If the Galaxy Nexus had a 4" screen in a 3.7" body that would be perfect. With that being said i will still be getting the GN the day it hits the shelves. :icon_ lala:

OP
Htown315

Htown315

Reaction score
sure did and the only phones that are what he would consider a normal size are basic or dumbphones.... android is all about combining a phone/gaming system/music player/web browser... who's gonna do any of that on a small screen... try a low end phone but prepare to have an obsolete phone as soon as u get it like the eris

Like I said before. You didn't comprehend the OP. No one said anything about dumbphones. The size requested was that of the dinc2 with the specs of a nexus(minus screen). Totally achievable by any phone maker.

Detonation

Reaction score
Haha hilarious :) I'm an android man so that's a no-go on the 4s. Just wishing for a 4" screen, dual-core(omap), 1gig ram, 4g. I just think phone sizes are getting out of hand and for anyone who leads an active lifestyle a bionics size can be a bit of a pita to have on you all day. I have zero complaints with my D2 so lets get a version with no.keyboard and be thinner and lighter :)

Stratosphere Android 4G LTE Smartphone | Samsung Mobile
Has a keyboard so its gonna be a little thicker, but that's the best you'll get right now.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like I said before. You didn't comprehend the OP. No one said anything about dumbphones. The size requested was that of the dinc2 with the specs of a nexus(minus screen). Totally achievable by any phone maker.

anything is achievable but they won't do it.... and no dinc2 sized phones are coming out that are anything like the nexus... they will continue to get bigger until they peak and ppl stop buying them

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, I just don't think you can get the latest and greatest specs inside of phone the size of the iphone.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
it's just the trend.... I remember when the trend in cell phones was to get smaller... and they did... I used to laugh at people that still had big phones and I would ask if they were overcompensating for anything.

smartphones changed all that I think. Now, when I see someone with a D1 or D2 sized phone... I laugh and say "wow, I didn't know the babygap sold cell phones" lol

I used to think it was amazing that I could watch youtube videos on my d1.... but after a while... watching videos on that smaller screen began to suck, especially when I saw my uncle's DroidX and how much larger that screen was and how much easier it was to surf the net, watch videos, etc.

So things are getting bigger again.. and thinner. That seems to be the rage.

there are always holdouts to trends... remember all those people that said "I don't have a cellphone... I must be like the last guy in America to think I don't need to have one"

smae thing with this.

My adjustment from my droid 2 to my droid x because of size and where I carry it.... I have switched from keeping my phone in my front pocket, to my shirt pocket. In fact... when I look for shirts, I specifically look for shirts that have a good front pocket over the left breast. Everytime I bend over to pick something up, left hand on pocket, bend over to get whatever.... it's just habit now. Even when my phone isn't in there, I do that

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
4.3 is right for me. With the qHD resolution.

I can't even use my OG after going to the Bionic.

Heywood

Reaction score
Shouldn't be long before we have a phone with a little tiny phone that docks to it ...lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Shouldn't be long before we have a phone with a little tiny phone that docks to it ...lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Yep, we'll have the MotoActive dock into the padfone system, then the padfone will dock into your laptop like the transformer, then that will dock into your desktop with that docking to your TV! xD

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I believe on day we will have phones the size of 2 handed swords. We will carry them sheathed on our sides and when we pull them out they will make a nice sssshhhiiiiiiing sound.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums